“From Wangtong”

Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land
Ranked #115 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I like Crowne Plaza. Everything is good.
People there are friendly and helpful.when we stayed in your plaza ,we had delicious breakfast,then kind drivers took us to Rice University to get trained. After we finished a day, they came to meet us on time.Our room is comortbale and tidy .Thank you all.I hope to see you again some day.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank wangtong299

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here last weekend with my family and just the sheer ambiance of the lobby took my breath away when I walked through the doors. I love the way the rooms open out to the railing overlooking the central area of the hotel. It reminded me of the inside of a hotel on the Vegas strip! And I was amazed at how clean everything was. White tile and I can't even recall a single area that looked like it needed a sweep. The rooms were nicely decorated and very clean as well. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Mary J
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel in early January before heading off skiing for 2 weeks and then were due to return for 1 last night. We arranged for several (about 8!!) packages to be delivered to the hotel before we arrived and the staff were happy to accommodate this and all packages were received and stored properly. The hotel shuttle staff were friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Sadly, we cancelled our last night as we wanted to be closer to the airport (at $75 one way in a taxi to the airport, it made sense for one last night), but the Manager, Michael, made sure our 2 bags that we had left behind were delivered to our new hotel with no bad feeling.

The hotel was apparently recently renovated, but our suite still seemed to have tired carpet and old bathroom fixtures (shower tiles etc). But the suite set up worked perfectly for us with our little girl, the extra space was essential. Breakfast was prompt and tasty and just what was needed without being daunting or over the top.

Thanks again to Michael and all of the staff that made our stay an easy one. Such a shame your property is so far from the airport!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RichnLiss
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here with a group for New Years Eve. The sales staff was AWESOME. They gave us a great rate. The rooms were nice...they put our rooms close together. Our rate included the breakfast buffet which was one of thr better hotel buffets in Houston. We will DEFINITELY be back

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank LEKRYSTAL
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Everything here is perfect. I like the room,the food and almost everything here. house than a hotel room. The food was great and the bar area and lobby were very well kept up and nice. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank Jiajiajiajia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend and it could not have been a better experience. I was immediately greeted by the front desk staff and all associates throughout the hotel were so friendly. I received a courtesy call back as soon as I checked into my room and this was a nice touch. The rooms are really spacious and very clean. This hotel has amazing food and I would actually come back to this hotel just for the food! Could not find any negatives and will definitely make it an effort to come back to this hotel. It was truly amazing all around!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Generalmanager6121
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. And we are happy you enjoyed the food here as well.
Can't wait to see you back for your next visit!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The staff as I checked out were rude. The key to my room de-magnetized every single time I went to my room. The wifi was weak and erratic. The sink had only cold water. Noise from the freeway was clearly audible even at the back of the hotel. For the amount charged, no excuse for all this. On the plus side, the bar was nice and the restaurant was adequate and convenient. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on the side farthest from the freeway; I could hear traffic noise all night lo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear StorGor,