“HUGE room, way too nice for the price!”

Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land
Ranked #115 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Wow, so I was on a trip to TEXAS to see my grandchildren before they went back to school. Drove all the way from Montrose, PA. My husband did most of the driving. And we stopped many many times to see attractions along the way. It took us a few days but it was much more exciting.
They live just down in Sugarland which wasn't that far away. We wanted a suite in case the kids wanted to hang out with Mammi and Pappy at the hotel. I couldn't believe the price! I expected a small little suite and here was this great big old room. I remember telling Bill (my husband) that I think we had an apartment this size once, he agreed. We got there late but the staff didn't skip a beat. They welcomed us, asked me if I was a priority member. I responded that I think I was not but that I should be, did it cost extra. The girl at the counter responded with a great big smile that it was free and came with many benefits. We stayed at 2 Holiday Inn hotels along the way and were never offered this but now I can get points and be a "priority".
We had such a blast in the pool with the grand kids and went all over the city. Ben (bellman/concierge) suggested a few places we should go and even offered to take us.
Every person we met seemed so genuinely friendly. We met a tall bald manager that greeted us in the restaurant and talked to us for a bit. The breakfast staff was so nice and helpful. And every time I had a question the girls at the front desk would help.
We hope to come back soon!

Room Tip: Sign up to be a priority. Later check out times, plus cookies!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KDBoell
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Travelers,

We're thrilled to hear that you and your grandkids enjoyed the hotel and all of the perks and amenities that we offer. It sounds like you made some wonderful family memories and we're so proud that our team made your stay so special.

Come back and visit soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Our daughter is attending HBU. Not only is this hotel super close, its one of the best rooms we have ever stayed at...especially at $100.00. Our room was a two queen suite. Its like an apartment! A small living area...NICE, with a seperate bedroom. Way better than what we expected. Love the lay out of the room and the overall hotel. Friendly staff. If you're in the Houston Baptist University area, this should be your hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank codogg2k
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Traveler,

We're thrilled that we've earned your business while traveling near Houston. We're happy to be of service and glad that you found our spacious suites so cozy ( we think they're pretty cozy too! )We hope your daughter does well at HBU and hope you'll be visiting often.

See you soon!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Crowne Plaza is the closest Hotel to Sugar Land without having to pay for Sugar Land prices. I come to Houston an average of 5 to 6 times a year. I used to stay at hotels in the Sugar Land area but their prices were going through the roof. I am glad we found Crowne Plaza because now I can stay only a few miles away and pay 1/2 the price. There are a lot of ammenities around, Sugar Land shopping, Galleria only 10 minutes away, Hillcroft with a lot of International restaurants ( mostly Indian and Middle Eastern), shopping, etc. The outside looks outdated, it's a converted Embassy Suites into a CP. The inside is different, they ugraded the place and it looks modern and clean. Large clean rooms, good service on all levels, in house restaurant, pool, etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve C
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear traveler,

We're so glad that you found us and that we've made you a return guest. You're absolutely right in that we're the perfect Sugar Land hotel without the absurd Sugar Land rates! We're proud of the value we offer and glad that you enjoyed the amenities and the location. We hope to see you the next time travel brings you to Sugar Land.

Safe travels!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed here for a week while on a work trip. Large suite rooms with all required.Hotel bar very poorly stocked as regards to choice. Evening food ok but buffet breakfast poor. Hotel staff good altough one or two of them seem to have attitude problem. Hotel provide shuttle service to malls and attractions.

Room Tip: I would think rooms at front might be noisey as freeway directly at front of hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank daytripper066

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We're glad that you enjoyed the spacious and well-appointed rooms. We are sorry to hear that the bar and breakfast selections were not to your liking. I hope you voiced your requests with Management so we can look into adding to our offerings. We do listen to our guest's requests and make changes when appropriate so that we can better satisfy our guests and keep you coming back! If you have any specific recommendations, feel free to leave a private message and we'd love to hear your suggestions.

We hope that you'll return in the future so we can satisfy you with one or two of your favorites!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My experience at this Crowne Plaza has been great. Very comfortable rooms with great service from the hotel staff. The concierge staff are very attentive, always making sure that your needs have been satisfied. The restaurant offers good quality plates at an affordable price. They have a nice indoor pool. They offer you free parking, free hot breakfast, free transportation within a 10 mile radius to the hotel, and free night snacks. Mr. Edgar Vasquez (night manager), Sarai Ramos (day manager) and Emily Zelada ( concierge executive services) have made my stay an excellent one. I will definitely stay again at this hotel when I re-visit the area. It is located in a good safe location close to restaurants within walking distance. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Said D
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Traveler,

We're so proud of the glowing review you gave us and our team members. Thank you for taking the time to mention the hotel amenities that you enjoyed and for mentioning the staff members by name. It will truly make their day to know that they made a difference to you . We hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

When we travel we like to stay in Embassy Suites type rooms because we have a child and it works best for us. Well this hotel used to be an Embassy Suites but we did not have to pay Embassy Suites prices. It was in a good location for us. Easy to get to wherever we needed to go. The staff was very nice and attentive. Breakfast was good except for the waffle sticks which were awful. There were enough choices so it didn't matter to us. We had lunch at the hotel restaurant one day and it was really good. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. I love the fact that they don't have a bedspread that we would remove anyway. Just takes up more space. The indoor pool was really nice and clean.

Someone wrote in their review that they had a problem because they were told that breakfast was free but for them it wasn't since a box was not checked off. My suggestion is that you always bring a copy of your most recent e-mail confirmation as proof of what you expect.

I recommend this hotel VERY highly!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JeremysMommy
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Traveler,

We're happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying with us and glad to hear that we were every bit as good as your preferred brand. Thank you for the heads up about the waffles and for the tip about bringing your confirmation with you. That's always a good idea! We hope that we've won you over as the best choice in Houston and that you'll be back soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

My Dad thought it would be fun to have a boys only weekend.
At first I thought it was going to be pretty boring with no video games or tv and some weird awkward camping trip where I would have to learn to be a man.
It was actually pretty cool and he suggested I let other people know how much fun a 15 year old and his Dad can have.
We went to Galveston for a day and had some fun but the really fun part of the weekend was when we stayed at this Crowne Plaza. We went swimming in their pool. Then ate a huge plate of ribs and got to lounge in the room, watch tv, even ordered a movie on pay per view.
Definitely a cool hotel.