“Very Accommodating”

Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land
Ranked #111 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza with my elderly parents, we traveled quite a long way for apts. with MD Anderson.
We were very tired (and probably a little grumpy) upon arrival, the Front Desk Manager (Kareen) noticed my elderly parents promptly and helped them to a seat in the lobby waiting area, which is very nice! He then checked us into a first floor handicapped room. During this process he offered to sign us up for priority club and gave us a goody bag!
The room was great! My parents were able to get around the large suite, which was fully equiped for the handicapped. The walk in shower and hand rails were such a blessing!
The location of our room was a short walk to the Front desk, the cafe, and the exit. This was so wonderful for my parents.
We did eat in the cafe, Our server was very professional and made small talk with my Dad. The omelets were very good! We ordered room service for dinner, which arrived promptly and hot. The room service attendant called our room within an hour and came to retrieve the dirty tray. This was so nice! He left us with a pitcher of iced water so that my parents could take thier medication.
The nice Cleaning Lady was working in the lobby when I ask her for extra pillows and an extra blanket for my Mom. She promptly left what she was doing, walked me to the front desk, where they informed me that the items would be sent to my room. Within minutes the same Cleaning Lady was at the door with the items. She had a very unique name which I am not sure how to spell (Mutaamaz?). The service was just all around wonderful! I have never experienced anything like it. A lot of the time, hotel staff tends to make a person feel guilty for asking for anything extra. NOT this one! I didn't even feel compelled to start out with "I am sorry to bother you, but...)! They approach you with a smile and deliver with a smile, asking if anything else is needed! This was the general attitude throughout the hotel and our stay! It really was so nice!

In my opinion, the hotel was very clean, very well staffed and very accommodating. We will be staying here with every MD Anderson appointment. We wouldn't even consider another hotel because the staff is friendly and willing to help with anything and everything they can.
We did not need to utilize the hotel shuttle service, however it was offered to us which is such a huge bonus! My parents will be able to get around should I not be able to accompany them in the future.
A big thank you to Crowne Plaza, as the only child of ailing parents I can honestly say YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

Room Tip: If handicapped, the first floor handicapped room was perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Traveler,
Wow! Reading your comments sure brought a big smile to my face. We're so proud of all of our Team Members and just lover hearing when they really make an impact on our guests. We hope your parents are well and we look forward to seeing you all back here in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel.I had stayed here in December last year while on a business trip .I brought my family for a week's holiday and opted for this hotel .The location is ideal and the property has excellent facilities.The rooms were clean and comfortable.The staff were warm and friendly yet professional.We had an enjoyable stay.It was value for money

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our stay at Crowne Plaza was an absolute delight .Our suite was spacious and nicely done and the staff was very warm and friendly. Not to forget the sumptuous breakfast, which was a real wake up call for the tastebuds :D :D I totally loved my stay here !!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The hotel was beautiful. The staff was very kind and helpful. The food was delicious. The parking is good. There was not one reason for us to complain.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Despite the hotel being near the freeway, it was able to provide me a comfortable time to rest and do my work. The breakfast buffet was a delight. One of the best places I have ever tried.

Room Tip: Request for one that has the strongest wifi signal if this trip is for business.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank janettetoral
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear Traveler,

It was our pleasure to provide a comfortable atmosphere for you to work and rest while in Houston. Additionally, we're happy to hear your wonderful comments regarding the breakfast. We hope you'll stay again the next time you're in the Houston area.

Safe travels!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Me and my wife had picked this specific hotel for three years in row for our wedding anniversary date and we had enjoyed the stay everytime, our last visit was not good, the room was loud because we were able to hear the cars on the freeway but we thought that maybe it was normal did not mind checking, we were enjoying our time together. The next day we left happy, until I saw a charge of $200.00 in my account from this Crown Plaza. I gave them a call and they told me that when the cleaning people came to our room they saw the sliding door seal on the floor and something else about it. I was shocked and I was charged even though I told them that we did not do anything to it. The manager could not help us and she was very rude and no customer service quality, she was a young girl so she obviously did not understand the importance of keeping your customers happy. I'm a teacher and my wife works at a doctors office we have no need to lie, I always practice honesty and loyalty. We left like that and made the decision to never return. So Please inspect your room before you close your door. I did not bother to check and now we paid the consequences and learn our lesson, eventhough we did not broke or did anything to the room. So Inspect! Inspect! Inspect! not matter how much you like the hotel.

Room Tip: Just inspect the room before and after everything else will be great.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emec44
HIG110, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time for posting this review and sharing your candid comments with us. We were appalled to hear that you did not receive the caliber of service you had received from us on the past three occasion and sincerely apologize for incident with the additional charge and the lack of empathy and understanding shown by one of our managers, especially on such an auspicious occasion as your Anniversary. I can assure you that what you experienced was certainly an exception rather than the rule and necessary corrective actions have been taken to correct these type of situations from happening again. We can assure you that your business is never taken for granted and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to reprieve from our errors. Since we have no way of knowing the identity of our guests who post the reviews, we are hoping that you will see our response and contact the General Manager of the Hotel, who will make things right for you immediately. We are confident that given the opportunity, your future Visits to the Crowne Plaza Suites will be much more enjoyable.

Thanks
Michael

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The hotel is somehow old, but the rooms are nice. We enjoyed our stay. i based my stay mainly due to location, the hotel say there is "free shuttle" to the galeria area, but is not true. It is subject to availability and also depending on the mood of the girl at the front desk. Better to stay closer to downtown than taking this "free shuttle".

Room Tip: If you are staying here because the "shuttle to galeria area" dont believe it, it is not w...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for commenting on our nice rooms. We're glad you enjoyed your stay in our contemporary, over-sized suites. I am sorry to hear about the shuttle frustrations. The shuttle is primarily available for our coportate accounts and based on availabilty for all others. I apologize for the attitude and reply that you were given by the Front Desk Agent.

We hope to see you back here the next time you're in Houston!