New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #114 of 500 Hotels in Houston
Vancouver, Canada
“Back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I was back again in Houston for Business and as usual checked into the Crowne Plaza. This has now become like a second home for me and I always get a really warm welcome back. I am greeted wherever I go in the hotel. I keep coming back because they are consistent in the quality of their service. Everything goes smoothly for me and it is very centrally located. My family can go and shop at the Galleria whilst I attend to my business.
They cater to all my needs and the well equipped business center is really crucial to my stay. This is my third stay at the Hotel now.

Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I stayed in various rooms at various times and they were all good.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your repeat business and for telling others about us. We're so glad that we meet all of your travel and business needs and offer you the consistent quality service that keeps you coming back. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hope to see you and the family soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

this was just a one night get away for us. we're only about 45 minutes away. This is an excellent hotel to stay at. everything from the rooms to the pool to the free breakfast were amazing. check in went smoothly; they spoke to me using my name and answered all my questions before i even asked. we are a family who loves playing in the pool. i have a 16 and 19 year old and even they enjoyed the pool; deep enough for my 6'10'' son to enjoy. the hot tub was nice and toasty and very relaxing. we picked up pizza from the restaurant and didn't think we'd need plates. found out differently and the kitchen quickly brought up real plates and silverware for us. we wanted some extra pool time the next morning and requested late checkout and they were very accommodating. all around great experience!!! will stay again...and soon too, even thought i'm a local.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bluechick65
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Traveler,

We're happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed a nice local getaway! Sometimes exploring your very own surroundings can be as much fun (and cheaper) than traveling far. Be sure to check out the various packages that we offer so you and the fam get the best value! Hope to see you all soon.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

During OTC week, I enjoyed my stay at the Crowne Plaza! The staff was very helpful and friendly and the room was impeccable... I really felt so comfortable that it felt just like home. I dined at the restaurant and I must say that the food & desserts are delicious!!! There is no longer any other choices for me than Crowne Plaza when I visit Houston!

1 Thank Maria N
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel is beautiful, extremely clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was bright and clean and the bed was super comfy. Asked for extra towels and received the within minutes! Also like the easy access to Highway 59 and all the amenities within 10 to 15 minutes. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Aurora C
Mountain City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Loved the suites and hotel. Very clean, and the staff was very friendly. Very nice suites and the price was great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank howardrw1
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

As always, made reservations at Crowne Plaza. I found this gem, about 10 minutes away from OTC several years ago. Great prices, good service, large rooms, clean rooms, exercise room, swimming pool and a nice bar to relax at end of the day. Everything is close by, nice restaurants a couple of minutes away, recommend Tradicao Brazilian Steakhouse. Free shuttle took us to Tradicao when we didn't feel like driving. A few minutes from Galleria with another million other places to go. It's located in a major Freeway in the Houston area, making it easy to get to and easy to go everywhere.

Room Tip: Ask for the larger corner rooms facing downtown Houston. They go fast but if you reserve well in adv...
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Check in was easy and painless-- showed ID, credit card, initial by room rate and no smoking policy. Stayed in a HUGE executive suite in a corner of the hotel-- bathroom with double vanity, garden tub, separate stall shower, toilet in its own room. The room with the toilet smelled like someone had been smoking marijuana in it, which was not pleasant, but the smell eventually dissipated.

The workout room is next to the pool and has 2 treadmills, a bike, and a broken elliptical, as well as a couple weight machines and free weights.

I preordered breakfast to be delivered between 7 am and 7:15 am and it arrived at 7:25 am. And the order was wrong-- they brought cranberry juice instead of grapefruit.

These problems won't prevent me from returning, but it did leave me with the impression that someone isn't paying attention.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Traveler,

We're so sorry that we weren't able to exceed your expectations during your recent visit. We definitely understand that the difference between a god stay and an outstanding stay is the attention to detail and it sounds like we missed the mark. We appreciate your candid comments and will make improvements based on your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future so we can show you what an awesome hotel we can be!

Until next time, safe travels!