“Good Food...Beautiful Modern Decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Grove

The Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 8,150 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Crawford St.
“Good Food...Beautiful Modern Decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The food here is very good. I have been three seperate times and each time i dare to try something new.

Ask to sit by the windows which over looks Discovery Green

Houston, Texas
“poor hostess and reservation service, mussels smelled bad, husband got sick”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been wanting to try this restaurant for a while now but I always see mixed reviews so it took some coercion to get my husband to take me here. We called to make a last minute reservation and the woman who took our reservation was shouting (probably because it's so darn loud in the restaurant) and did not hear our special request for a table for 2 + a sleeping baby. When we got to the restaurant, the hostess told us that we could not place the stroller in the aisle because of safety concerns (I work in safety for an oil and gas company and I did not see the hazard) and she told us the wait was 30 minutes. However, there were several empty tables. The other hostess intervened for us and said that they would rearrange so we could sit at an empty table. We stayed over an hour for dinner and no one ever showed up to sit at the empty tables. What a crock. Regarding the food, I like simple food but their food was too simple and therefore not worth what we paid. Service was slow. My husband ordered pasta with shrimp and mussels. The mussels smelled terrible, like rotten seafood. He took one bite and sent it back. That little bite made him sick, unfortunately. We won't be back and I don't suggest this restaurant, even if the location is beautiful.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our favorite meal in Houston was their burritos, although they have plenty of other delicious looking items.

Austin, Texas
“Trendy upscale farm to table dining in downtown Houston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was very surprised by this restaurant in Houston. The atmosphere was very cosmopolitan, drinks were good and the food was perfectly prepared and delish!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Resortdude
Houston, Texas
“Very New Yorkish Style Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We arrived late to Houston and went looking for a place to eat, not too far from our hotel (Embassy Suites on Dallas St.). This restaurant is literally stone's throw. The building itself is architecturally appealing. The interior reminded me of some of our SOMA restaurants in San Francisco. The wait staff were very professional and attentive. I found the menu somewhat limiting, i.e. not a lot of vegetarian or fish/seafood choices. Additionally, the portions were on the small side, while the prices were very much on the high side. We had one appetizer (soup), two entrees, two cocktails, one glass of wine, and shared desert and it was $100, before tip. This seemed a bit high for Texas.

• Visited April 2013