“Decent food, cool atmosphere”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Crawford St.
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

My entree at the Grove was fine; average for this tier of restaurants but by no means bad. The staff at the bar (where I ate) was really great, and I liked the ambiance. Not sure I would go again for a meal, but I could see myself stopping in for an appetizer and a drink.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The shrimp and grits was amazing and don't pass up the butter cake it was delicious! Also you must take a look at the tree house it has a great view.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Last night I went with a group of ladies and we will never go back. Three of us ordered the fish special, sea bass, and what arrived was a tasteless and dull piece of thin fish- we knew it wasn't sea bass. We asked the waiter who said it most certainly was but we insisted he check. He came back and said the chef had given us all amberjack! There was sea bass available and we could still have it. We declined and I couldn't believe the chef had been so shady to do such a thing! He obviously tight we either wouldn't notice or wouldn't speak up. He never even came out to apologize. Then they tried to bill one if us for her amberjack and argue with us! We asked for the manager who took it off but I would NEVER go back and support a chef and restaurant that cares so little about the food and only about the profit margin. It is also extremely loud and not pleasant.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Happy hour drinks and small plates were just what the doctor ordered! Love sitting on the deck at sunset.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Nice, clean restaurant. The place is relatively big and its decor quite modern. The restaurant is not offering any specific type of food but a selection of nice contemporary dishes ...