Horseshoe Bay Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Marble Falls(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
$98
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
$99
Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
$129
Hill Country Motel(Marble Falls)
$65
Quality Inn Marble Falls(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
$85
QualityInn
Best Western Marble Falls Inn(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
$82
BestWestern.com
Motel 6 Marble Falls(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
$59
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet(Burnet)(Great Value!)
$89
$80
ComfortInn
Best Western Post Oak Inn(Burnet)(Great Value!)
$90
All reviewsyacht clubtennis courtssunset cruiseminiature golf courseputt puttpontoon boatmarble fallsgreat golfhill countrylake lbjlong weekendfamily vacationgreat weekendhot tubfitness centerlantana restaurantslick rock
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My fiance took me here for New Year's Eve. The resort itself is beautiful and the day staff are nice, but the accounting department and night staff are jokes. I will start with the good:

1. Food - we went for New Year's 2013 and had the chef designed meal and were very satisfied. The Moscato was slightly bitter instead of sweet. I think dinner was too pricey at $190 per couple. We ordered room service for breakfast and were surprised by the portions. Lunch at the cafe was nice also. Eat on the patio if you have the chance! It is gorgeous and has fire pits.
2. Condos - very high class and had great views. Though not unobstructed like the website leads you to believe.
3. Views - nice Texas hill country landscapes and a beautiful drive up 281 N from San Antonio.
4. Grounds - the amenities were fantastic, though they don't open until 12PM. We had fun on the basketball court, walking through the grounds, and playing lawn checkers. My fiance said the golf course was adequate. We missed out on riding the bikes around the grounds, but that seemed like it would be fun. The pool was beautiful and heated.
5. Friendly people - the guests were friendly. Luke, the driver, was great. He was funny, professional, and helpful.
6. Day staff - they were accommodating and kind. Especially Philip, the manager who comped our dinner and adjusted our check out time to 2P because of the issues we experienced.

The bad:
1. Phone rep - was told the dinner was paid for at 12P on Dec 31. We found out later she hadn't pre charged it. And also failed to reserve our spot for the reservations only dinner.
2. Dinner wait staff - was told our reservation did not exist, but they would accommodate us. The hostess gave us a blank stare, picked up some menus, and silently spun on her heels and walked to a table. Never saying "follow me" or "right this way" or any other phrase indicating we should follow her. Once seated, it took 20 minutes before someone asked if we had been helped the first time. About 5 minutes later, another waitress asked if we had been helped. A few minutes after, a third and final waitress asked if we had been helped. The third waitress was nice and friendly, but forgot to bring out our dessert for the PREDETERMINED menu. We received it after asking for it.
3. Accounting and inadequate customer service - was called at 11:45P on New Year's Eve to take care of the dinner bill that we thought had already been covered. I asked if it could be taken care of at check out and she said no. I said that if it was that urgent, I would give her my card number over the phone which turned out to be a BIG mistake. Dinner was supposed to cost $190 along with 2 bottles of wine for $72 and a pre-added 20% gratuity charge for a grand total of $314.14. My card was charged $650. Because of the poor customer service we received and harassment over our bill at almost midnight, the manager, Philip, told us he would comp the meal and only charge us $338.86 (for the room, golf, lunch, and breakfast) and that MY card would be removed and my fiance's card would carry the charges. I checked today and noticed my card was charged $66.86 and my fiance's card was charged $500 in 3 separate charges. When I called to have that taken care of, the phone rep said accounting had added a New Year's Eve package to our bill and that is why we were being charged $228 extra. As of 1/6/14 I am still waiting to find out how this will be resolved, wondering exactly WHEN I was given the opportunity to experience this "New Year's Eve" package (especially since the front desk made it clear we had opted out of the packages and that was why dinner was not covered), and feeling like I just handed my credit card information to criminals.

My suggestions are pay in cash, don't give out credit card information fleetingly, and DO NOT leave without an itemized receipt to protect yourself (yes, I do have mine). Also, Philip (the manager) and Luke (the shuttle driver) are wonderful.

Room Tip: The suites are worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mariah O
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Ms. Osborn:

Thank your for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. I am delighted your enjoyed your in-room service and thank your for the kind compliments regarding the waterfront condos and the Resort grounds. I am sorry to hear about your experience on new year's eve and want you to know that is the exception and not the norm. I am passing on this review to further investigate your circumstances and will get this corrected for future guests. If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to email me at mjeffrey@hsbresort.com

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was on a business trip with a co-worker and the overall experience was fantastic. The grounds are absolutely spectacular with the beautiful trails behind the main tower that have multiple water features, exotic birds and beautiful holiday decorations. I can only imagine how beautiful this is in full summer bloom. traveling as a single female I felt welcome, safe and slept really good. The room was clean, confortable and very very quiet. So nice to find!
Ate several meals in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch. I cant find one thing to complain about. Even the staff greated me by name after the first day when I returned. How rare.
I cant wait to return with my family and enjoy and the recreation and activities the property has to offer in the summer.

Room Tip: ask for a view... they ahve so many that look ovr the beautiful grounds in multiple directions. I looked over the spectacular pool but my co-worker had a view of the big water features.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Shannon M
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Shannon M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. I am glad to hear that you had such a wonderful visit. All of your complimentary remarks are resort standards that we pride ourselves on and like to maintain year round. I hope to welcome you and your family back to the resort soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I invited my extended family of 8 adults and 4 children to a weekend following Christmas, 2013. The children ranged in age from 7 to 16, the adults from middle aged to grandparents. We found enjoyable, creative activities for every age. The adults appreciated the beds, the views, the landscaping, the amenities, and the food, especially the Sunday brunch. The youth enjoyed the open lawn games of kicking the soccer ball into the holes and the giant checker game, the warmed outdoor swimming pool, the arcade with games for all ages, and especially the talents of the animal keeper. She let us touch the young owl, told us secrets about the parrots, and welcomed our children's interest and curiosity. Thank you for an excellent weekend. Best gift ever!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Delryn F

Dear Delryn F,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort! You experience is truly heart-warming and is a gift we hope to give all of our guests. I am glad to hear you were able to take advantage of so much of what we have to offer here at the resort. I hope to welcome you all back in the near future!

Warm Regards,

General manager

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Have stayed at this property multiple times, last time came for Thanksgiving 2013 and planned to have fun for 5 nights, turn around and left 2 nights later. This property leaving Marriott and looks like I know why. Bad service at the bar, girls running around and not noticing customers, before offering you menu asking for the room number or membership number (new thing for this independent property) and then you need to wait and wait just to get a drink. Made reservation at Lantana grill and were not on a list upon arrival, got a room service and received steak and french fries in to go sealed containers as a result soggy and cold food, with incorrectly filled order. Made reservations for spa and massage 2 weeks before arrival for birthday and received phone call 2 hrs before that workers did not come to work and we will not be able to get massage together but one after another ( No, thanks). Rude coffee shop workers making fun of our daughter for making "too many" purchases. Anyway, it was a place for vacations for us for years, but it was our last trip, sad to see this place to go down, but at least I see why Marriott pulling out.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Andrey G
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Cherie G.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Horseshoe Bay Resort. As a repeat customer, I am sorry to hear that your experience was not met with the award-winning standards we strive to show to our guests, and you experienced during your previous stays at Horseshoe Bay Resort. Even though we were sold out over the Thanksgiving holiday, this is no reason for you to have had less than exceptional service. To better understand your experience, I would like to invite you to email me directly at mjeffrey@hsbresort.com so I may fully understand the breakdowns in service you experienced and correct for future stays. As a point of clarification, ownership chose to move forward as a independent property in conjunction with our future vision for the Resort. We are very excited about the new plans and new look of Horseshoe Bay Resort and hope to see you return as a repeat guest in 2014.

Best regards,

Horsehsoe Bay Resort
mjeffrey@hsbresort.com

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was an amazing getaway that left me wanting to stay longer. The staff was very courteous and the amenities were awesome. There is an area for children if you want to leave and escape to enjoy the jet-ski's or a nice spa treatment. Ask for the drink recipe book. They are delicious. This trip was one that left me wanting to come back for more.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rubi G
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Rubi G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. I am glad to hear you were so pleased with the resort. As an award-winning resort, we strive to perfect the guest-experience. It is wonderful to hear that you were able to take advantage of so many of the amenities. I hope to welcome you back to the resort soon!

Kind regards,