“Fantastic Stay.... I cant wait to come back.”

Horseshoe Bay Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horseshoe Bay
Bend, Oregon
“Fantastic Stay.... I cant wait to come back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was on a business trip with a co-worker and the overall experience was fantastic. The grounds are absolutely spectacular with the beautiful trails behind the main tower that have multiple water features, exotic birds and beautiful holiday decorations. I can only imagine how beautiful this is in full summer bloom. traveling as a single female I felt welcome, safe and slept really good. The room was clean, confortable and very very quiet. So nice to find!
Ate several meals in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch. I cant find one thing to complain about. Even the staff greated me by name after the first day when I returned. How rare.
I cant wait to return with my family and enjoy and the recreation and activities the property has to offer in the summer.

Room Tip: ask for a view... they ahve so many that look ovr the beautiful grounds in multiple directions. I l...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Shannon M
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Shannon M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. I am glad to hear that you had such a wonderful visit. All of your complimentary remarks are resort standards that we pride ourselves on and like to maintain year round. I hope to welcome you and your family back to the resort soon!

Warm regards,

Mark Jeffrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I invited my extended family of 8 adults and 4 children to a weekend following Christmas, 2013. The children ranged in age from 7 to 16, the adults from middle aged to grandparents. We found enjoyable, creative activities for every age. The adults appreciated the beds, the views, the landscaping, the amenities, and the food, especially the Sunday brunch. The youth enjoyed the open lawn games of kicking the soccer ball into the holes and the giant checker game, the warmed outdoor swimming pool, the arcade with games for all ages, and especially the talents of the animal keeper. She let us touch the young owl, told us secrets about the parrots, and welcomed our children's interest and curiosity. Thank you for an excellent weekend. Best gift ever!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Delryn F
Dear Delryn F,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort! You experience is truly heart-warming and is a gift we hope to give all of our guests. I am glad to hear you were able to take advantage of so much of what we have to offer here at the resort. I hope to welcome you all back in the near future!

Warm Regards,

General manager
Arlington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Have stayed at this property multiple times, last time came for Thanksgiving 2013 and planned to have fun for 5 nights, turn around and left 2 nights later. This property leaving Marriott and looks like I know why. Bad service at the bar, girls running around and not noticing customers, before offering you menu asking for the room number or membership number (new thing for this independent property) and then you need to wait and wait just to get a drink. Made reservation at Lantana grill and were not on a list upon arrival, got a room service and received steak and french fries in to go sealed containers as a result soggy and cold food, with incorrectly filled order. Made reservations for spa and massage 2 weeks before arrival for birthday and received phone call 2 hrs before that workers did not come to work and we will not be able to get massage together but one after another ( No, thanks). Rude coffee shop workers making fun of our daughter for making "too many" purchases. Anyway, it was a place for vacations for us for years, but it was our last trip, sad to see this place to go down, but at least I see why Marriott pulling out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Cherie G
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Cherie G.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Horseshoe Bay Resort. As a repeat customer, I am sorry to hear that your experience was not met with the award-winning standards we strive to show to our guests, and you experienced during your previous stays at Horseshoe Bay Resort. Even though we were sold out over the Thanksgiving holiday, this is no reason for you to have had less than exceptional service. To better understand your experience, I would like to invite you to email me directly at mjeffrey@hsbresort.com so I may fully understand the breakdowns in service you experienced and correct for future stays. As a point of clarification, ownership chose to move forward as a independent property in conjunction with our future vision for the Resort. We are very excited about the new plans and new look of Horseshoe Bay Resort and hope to see you return as a repeat guest in 2014.

Best regards,

Horsehsoe Bay Resort
mjeffrey@hsbresort.com
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was an amazing getaway that left me wanting to stay longer. The staff was very courteous and the amenities were awesome. There is an area for children if you want to leave and escape to enjoy the jet-ski's or a nice spa treatment. Ask for the drink recipe book. They are delicious. This trip was one that left me wanting to come back for more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rubi G
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Rubi G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. I am glad to hear you were so pleased with the resort. As an award-winning resort, we strive to perfect the guest-experience. It is wonderful to hear that you were able to take advantage of so many of the amenities. I hope to welcome you back to the resort soon!

Kind regards,

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Loved our stay at this hotel. We were in town for a wedding at a nearby ranch, but stayed for two nights at Horseshoe Bay. The resort fee is a bit steep when you're not going to use the amenities (no swimming in November), etc., but overall it was a great stay. The grounds are gorgeous and the rooms were clean and large. The bar and restaurant downstairs were high quality, a bit on the pricey side, but that was expected. Would love to come back and spend the weekend without a wedding itinerary.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and didn't get any kind of a view, so would likely request a higher...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vealaw1
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Vealaw1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. I appreciate writing your praises about several resort aspects that we do pride ourselves on: cleanliness, food and drink quality and customer service. As a resort we always try to offer the finest amenities to our guests year round. I hope to welcome you back in the future to enjoy everything we have to offer here at the resort!

Kind regards,

#1 of 3 in Llano
BEST WESTERN Marble Falls Inn
BEST WESTERN Marble Falls Inn
#3 of 7 in Marble Falls

Been to Horseshoe Bay Resort? Share your experiences!