“TANS”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Texas Hill Country flavors in hearty portions. An open kitchen with a wood grill and focus on steaks, chops and fresh seafood.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Vewry good food and reasonable prices. The wine selection was very nice. Service was friendly and waiting times reasonable. Lunch was the best.

There are newer reviews for Lantana Grill & Bar

Reviewed February 28, 2013

It has been my experience that resort restaurants rarely measure up, but I am happy to report that is not the case here. The room is warm, the staff was friendly and the food was very good. I had the shrimp and grits for an app and smoked chicken as my entree. Both were plated nicely and tasted as good as they looked. I think I will go back tomorrow night.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I ate from this restaurant several times while on a recent business stay and was totally, completely impressed. I'm a food service professional and can say that I've rarely had a better meal from any restaurant...let alone a hotel. The breakfast was about as good as it gets for a buffet and the lunch was equally as impressive. I also had one room service lunch and even though it was a simple cheeseburger, I can honestly say that it was one of the best burgers I've ever had! It's exceedingly difficult to cook a medium-well burger and not have hit come out a dry lump but they did it! The homemade potato chips were almost as good as the burger.

The prices were a bit high, but I've certainly paid a lot more for much lower quality food and service. This place is WELL worth the experience.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Staffing was inadequate and most of the employees were very young and inexperienced. We had a poor dining experience. I ordered “Texas onion soup” (local version of French onion) and it was tepid with cold cheese. Bread and cornbread were stale. The waiter argued with me stating the cheese should be cold. Waiter mixed up two meat orders, giving the medium and well-done orders to the wrong guests at our table. Service was not Marriott quality and the employees did not care one bit. Avoid this restaurant! We had the breakfast buffet the next morning, and it was ok but not great. The bacon was overcooked and the cheese in the omelets was off (borderline moldy).

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Try the roasted vegetable, sprouts and black bean hummus pita sandwich. Homemade potato chips also came with the lunch. Oh my gosh, soooo good!