“What were we thinking? YUK”
Review of Azteca Restaurante

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Azteca Restaurante
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Hondo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed January 11, 2012

OMGosh! I read the reviews so we gave it a try. The service was poor, the food was worse than poor and the restaurant was filthy. I didn't even take a picture of the food because the presentation was up to poor standards. I ordered the enchilada plate, comes with two enchiladas, rice, beans and one flour tortilla. The beef enchiladas were tasteless, no spice what so ever, the rice was over cooked and what was the yellow color coming from and they must of tee'd off mama because the tortilla was tough. Over priced for what one gets. Come on, it's mexican food and how can you mess that up? The service was like, yeah, what can I get you.

1  Thank toadscar

Reviewed December 7, 2010

We were driving on I-90 East and stopped off here, because it looked a bit more inviting than some of the other railroad towns along the highway. The restaurant, right off the main drag of Hondo, is dirt cheap, had very friendly and accomodating service, and it's a great place to stop in for lunch while passing through the area. Restaurant is large and kitschy, but the waitress was friendly, and it was a comfortable and casual environment--obviously a well-loved local place that's been family run for 70+ years. Food was alright, and there is plenty on the menu to choose from.