“I would love to go back”

The Showboat Drive-In
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Hockley
Baytown
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I would love to go back”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am from Baytown, TX. so luckly I was on a vacation in the area or I couldn't have taken my lil' kids here. I really enjoyed it. GREAT prices. Good Weather! I could see the stars! In August after a rain it was cool enough to sit on the tail gate. I just wished they asked if you had ever been there before. So they could give you some pointers or instructions. Because we got there after the movie started and its hard to know where everything is in the dark. You can't have your head lights on. I even saw fire flys!

Visited August 2012

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wallet friendly”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

It was our first time going and I have to say it was very economical. We usually spend a minimum of $50-$80 at a regular movie theater for a family of 5 (tickets,popcorn and drinks), at Showboat we spent about $40 for the same thing. We were not prepared when we went, but I suggest bringing lawn chairs or blankets if you want to lay in the grass and a radio if you don't want to drain your car battery. There is a play area for the kids to keep busy since our movie didn't start until 9:00pm and we got there when it opened. From the time they open to the time the last movie was over we were there for 7 hrs. I would probably not go so early next time. Well worth it the drive.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Velezclan
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Loved it! Great value for the dollar! You do need cash to get in! I loved our family poodle was able to go with us. He loved it, too!

Katy, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“First time visit - will be back - Great value!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This place is really good.
Two screens. Very reasonably-priced DOUBLE-FEATURE admission.
Extremely relaxed atmosphere.
Pay, Park, Play the radio, get a snack, watch the movie. Repeat another day.

Certainly a different experience.
The snack bar has decent food and is reasonably priced for a movie theater.

Definitely worth trying out.

1 Thank JJtraveler65
Chappell Hill, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Just Like The Old Days!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My family loves coming to this place! For six dollars (They only take cash here, so bring some to get in, and the concession stand) a person, you get to see two first run feature movies...can not be beat! We bring a cooler filled with sodas, comfortable chairs (set up in front of the car), and a "boom box" radio, and get hot food from the concession stand (they have shrimp baskets, chicken tender baskets, etc.), and popcorn! You really need to get there as the gates are opened, because the place usually sells out fast! We bring board games, like Scrabble, to kill time until it gets dark and the movies begin.

3 Thank Edward201125