All reviews nice hotel breakfast room many thanks reception desk perfect location car start country decoration min lining
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The room we got was dirty, disguisting...
On the sheets there were signs of blood...
We asked another room, we got to chose between 2 rooms that were a little better but still beneith every level...
The hotel manager proposed to upgrade us the next day.
We planned to stay 5 nights but decided after the first night to leave and go elsewhere...

Breakfast was a disaster. Bread was ald and the quality very poor...

Don't go here!!!

Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank Kosmas1978
vasilios9, Ιδιοκτήτης at Anixi Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

we made a lot of changes the year 2013 i hope if you came again in athens ,came to stay to my hotel free of charg only to see this changes .

vasilios psalidas
hotel owner

Reviewed July 3, 2012

nice Hotel If you pay 40euros it's ok, far away from traffic, in the north suberbs of Athens.
nice decorated rooms but the smell is a problem,maybe the carpet is not well cleaned.

Date of stay: August 2011
1  Thank YIO-YIA
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We arrived late at night. Upon entering the tiny..... tiny lobby, I felt I was in the twilight zone. Too much antique overload. Looms and typewritters and LOUIS 15th arm chairs and accordians......it was all too bizarre. It felt like a haunted house. Luckily our room, (2nd floor) was not deluged in antique paraphanalia. Our room was small ..... quaint and clean. My sister's room on the other hand, was covered in spider webs, and needed a great deal of dusting. The next morning, upon looking at it in a different light, I decided it was a cute hotel. It no longer reminded me of a "haunted house", but rather it looked like it could have been a "brothel" at one time. (If you've visited this hotel, you know what I mean). The layout of the rooms and the strange waiting area on the second floor.........Anyhow, I still thought it was cute. My sister, however, will never step into this hotel again!!!
There are two issues I have with this hotel:
I) The breakfast is horrible, and lacked effort. I mean how hard is it to have some boiled eggs, and HOT coffee instead of that dishwater they served.
2) The way they tried to cut costs (their words) by not providing ample lighting showed a lack of class. (Only 1 bulb would light on a chandelier of 6 bulbs). NOT CLASSY AT ALL.

Room tip: Ask to see the room beforehand. Some rooms are very dusty.
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Catsgosouth
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We chose the Anixi as we wanted to stop on the outskirts of Athens, near the main road, and we were looking for an inexpensive room with parking. This hotel fitted the bill but I was rather concerned about some of the very negative reviews, especially as we had booked one of their cheapest rooms.

Arriving at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised. It is a small, unusual hotel. I liked the decor and our room and bathroom were clean and attractive. The receptionist was very helpful. There is nowhere to eat close by but we ordered a very nice Oriental meal and she gave us cutlery to use and beer for the fridge.

The Internet access was very fast and good and the room with several access points in possibly the most interesting Internet room I have been in - very cute.

There is a noisy road in front but our room at the side was quiet. The bed was comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. The breakfast wasn't wonderful but nothing worse than most small cheap Greek hotels. Biggest complaint would be luke-warm coffee.

So don't let the negative comments put you off. Yes, there were odd little things that could have been improved but overall it is good value for the price and attractive and different.

Date of stay: February 2011
1  Thank AegeanSailor
Reviewed August 4, 2010

For the price we paid (44 Euros) we should not complain.
However if you are forced to pay anything higher than 45-60 Euros, go elsewhere.

Date of stay: July 2010