“bubba's place homestyle texas food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lone Star Cafe

Lone Star Cafe
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Hillsboro
Cuisines: American, Bar, Southwestern, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salina ks
“bubba's place homestyle texas food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

I had the chicken fried steak was hand breaded and huugge! It was very good nice breading Staff was friendly got right in at 630 on a sat At first thought uh oh but was surprised it had great food had a good variety of sides sweet potatoes , fries , grilled vegatables, mac and cheese , loaded and unloaded baked. Had the cheesecake for dessert it was better than average. My family all thought it was good

• Visited March 2012

Dallas, Tx
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Nothing special, service a little slow...Mom's pork chop overcooked...brownie a la mode was excellent~

Visited March 2012
Dallas, Texas
1,727 restaurant reviews
“Good Stop For Hillsboro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is a good stop for lunch if one is going to or through Hillsboro. Hillsboro used to be our destination town as there was a large discount mall. Unfortunately the mall continues to fall on hard times as more stores close and us traveling there again to shop and eat may be diminishing. back to the restaurant. had the chicken fried steak because I saw a platter of the stuff going by in the hands of a waitress. the order was certainly not a mistake as the chicken fried steak was delicious. Gravy on top very good. My partner had a hamburger which she said was very good. this is not a flashy restaurant however they have some good food and service.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank texaswillie
Fresno, California
“Amazing meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

On our drive back from Killeen, Texas, my husband, brother, and I decided to stop here for an early lunch. We arrived right at 11am, which is when the cafe opens. Being the first customers, our waiter took our orders and served us promptly. I ate the pulled pork sandwich and it was amazing! Tender shredded pork, tangy BBQ sauce on a toasted bun, what more can you ask for?

Unfortunately, this restaurant is not located in my state, so I'm sure I will crave this meal in the near future. One thing for sure, this is not my last visit to the lone star cafe.

Austin, Texas
“Hit the Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stopped here on our way to Dallas. Large portions. Very friendly people, laid back. Not the place to stop if you are in a hurry.

• Visited August 2011