“Big Suprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Oklahoma City
“Big Suprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Be a business traveler, I have eaten at this sit down chain multiple times. This location was the best to date by far. Meal temperatures where spot on, waitress was Outstanding.

• Visited June 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Awful Service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Wow. I have eaten at a lot of restaurants over the years, and trained a lot of waitstaff in my time, but I have never been so stunned by the lack of care or professionalism, than at this restaurant. Our waitress was incompetent, uncaring and totally unprofessional. I was traveling with one of my employees and we stopped here for lunch. In the middle of taking our order she walked away mid-sentence, to go pick up her tip from a table that just left. She seemed irritated that my employee asked a couple of questions about the menu items. When we dropped a fork and asked for another, while our food was getting cold, she deliberately went to the front did some work, and then began to clean a table behind us. When I repeated our request, (kinda hard to eat a chicken fried steak without a fork) she looked at me with a "screw-you" attitude and said "I will get it for you in a minute then continued to clean the table." She then went in the back area and sat down. When I went to find a fork for myself, now at least ten minutes later, she was sitting there, right by the silverware stack, doing nothing. When I asked for the manager, she was as uncaring as the waitress. She basically told us that we must be lying about the attitude of her staff, because this girl was the best waitress they've had. If so, this restaurant is in BIG trouble. This waitress after being reprimanded by the manager, continued to walk by our booth and make us very uncomfortable with her remarks under her breath. We thought she was going to beat us up when we went to our vehicle. I will NEVER eat at a Black-Eyed Pea again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TallyHoHoHo
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Good food for a town with limited options.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Reminded me of Dixie Cafe - variety of "home cooked" meals, vegetables, and complimentary rolls/cornbread. Service ok. Not many dine in restaurants in town so we were happy with our choice to eat here. Cobb salad was great.

• Visited March 2014
Hillsboro, Texas, United States
“Black Eyed Pea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This restaurant has great food and reasonable prices. They have a good selection for their lunch menu at a very reasonable price for the amount of food that is served. Service was sometimes a bit slow, but acceptable.

• Visited October 2013
austin
“Bad place to eat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

In the past we liked to go to Black-eyed Pea; however, the last two visits have been bad. First our food was cold, when we asked the waitress to warm the food up she looked at us like can't you eat the food cold. Service was very poor and the food didn't taste good. This was our last visit to this place.

• Visited September 2013