“need servers to smile”
Review of Blackeyed Pea - CLOSED

Blackeyed Pea
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 5, 2012

waitress had no personality, but was efficient, food was great. Had chicken wrap, chicken fried steak, fried green tomatoes appetizer! Tea was great

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I like the service and I love the food. The chicken fired steak was awsome. The sweet tea was very sweet just like I like it.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

wait staff was attentive, food was delicious; both my wife and I chose a senior portion (?) which turned out the be cheap but more than we could eat. this is one of the places that gives a discount to guests at the nearby comfort suites (and probably other hotels)

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We ate at the black eyed pea in Hillsboro recently. Actually we met someone there and they were about 1/2 hour late. We ended up sitting at the booth for over 45 minutes and the staff was very kind to allow us to do so. The meal was good - not great - but very typical of every other black eyed pea we've been to. The place seemed to get pretty crowded with quite a few locals so it seems as though they must provide pretty consistent food & service. The staff was very attentive, served the meal in a timely manner and I would recommend the restaurant as a good - solid - choice for the usual black eyed pea fare.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

My wife and I went to the Blackeyed Pea in Hillsboro for dinner on May 25, 2010. The service was so slow and disorganized that I would have to classify it as the worst I've ever experienced anywhere. We saw patrons come in, be served water or tea, and then leave after 20 minutes or so when no one had come back to take their order. Twice we heard a man yelling in anger at the top of his voice in the kitchen. The food was edible but that is all I can say for it. I suspect that the only reason this place is able to stay open is the lack of dining options, other than fast food, in Hillsboro. For dinner the next night we stayed in our hotel room and ordered a pizza. It was a lot better than what we had at the Blackeyed Pea!

2  Thank AustinFoodie3