“Very nice, but...”

Super 8 Hillsboro TX
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Hillsboro
“Very nice, but...”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This motel is very clean and provides great service with a fairly decent breakfast. The rates are reasonable for what you get. My wife and I had a handicap accessible King room for a total of $72.00. When we opened the door and found that we had a Jacuzzi tub inside the room. We were elated. We were there for a funeral and were already exhausted from all of the travel and previous days activities up to this point.

I would have given the motel 5-stars had they told me that the Jacuzzi is an extra fee, not that they are not working. When we checked in we had no idea that we were getting a Jacuzzi room. After the visitation for my mother-in-law's funeral ended we were looking forward to relaxing in the Jacuzzi tub. I attempted to turn on the water with no luck. Upon calling the frond desk I was told that the tub was not in service because it costs too much to fill them with water. Therefore, they are not working?! No problem, I just wish they had told us this upon check-in.

At check-out I told the (assumed) owner that the Jacuzzi was not working. She told us that we did not pay the rate for this option. She stated that the rate was double what we paid ($150 + taxes). What a scam!

Next time I'll register online and not wait until arrival at the motel.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a firm price quote with a confirmation number and name.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TXchilibean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Antonio
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very nice hotel for the price. I can't remember the last time I stayed at a Super 8, but I was very pleased. The hotel is located just off of I-35. The hotel property was very clean and well maintained. I did not arrive until after 1:00 a.m., but there was a clerk at the front desk waiting to greet me, and the check in experience was smooth. I paid around $85.00 total for the room, and was very pleased that it was clean, and everything had a new appearance, with the exception of the TV, which was he older style non-flat screen. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was quiet. Everyone working at the hotel was very pleasant and helpful. For the price, I was very pleased, and I will consider staying at a Super 8 in the future if I am looking for that level of accomodations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Palestine, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very clean quiet hotel,bed was awesome I was amazed it was so quiet next to the elevator.Water smelled funny,they didn't offer a complementary bottle of water which was too bad.And for breakfast fruit was always running out and juice they had those containers that if your not careful top will fall off,all and all decent stay just think for the price they could let loose with a little better breakfast.

Room Tip: choose top floor quiet to the back
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GM_04, Manager at Super 8 Hillsboro TX, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank You for your Review, we greatly appreciate the feedback and try to utilize this to make sure our guests have the best experience every time.