“Was not clean or comfortable”
Review of Motel 6 Hillsboro

Motel 6 Hillsboro
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Hillsboro
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We booked a room with 2 beds for 4 of us. Upon check-in, the night auditor said she turn on the a/c. We get in our room and it was hot! We turned the air on. Thankfully it cooled off. Then we went to sleep. The beds were rock hard and the pillows were so old and flat. The next day, I asked the housekeeper for 2 extra towels because our room only had 2 towels. She said she no. Really?

When we got back to the hotel that evening, my husband went to the front desk to get 2 more towels. Then we decided to go swimming. He went back to the front desk to get towels for the pool and was only given 2. There are 4 of us. Really?

When we got to the pool, it was not as clean as we had thought. We decided to chance it anyway because we spent the day out in the hot muggy weather. Our sons were really excited. We got in the pool and discovered trash and junk. Our sons cleaned out the trash. When we got home, I had the bathing suits in a plastic bag to clean. I couldn't figure out what the decomposing smell was until I went to do the laundry. It was our bathing suits! That was so nasty.

When we all took showers, the boys shared a towel and my husband and I shared a towel. The towels were hopefully just stained and not dirty. Needless to say, we were quite disappointed.

We wanted to watch tv. The channels were all fuzzy on the old CRT television in our room. So we ended up playing with our various electronic devices. On a positive note, the internet handled all of us being online and didn't kick any of us off.

We as a family decided for the money we spent to stay at this motel, we will spend it at the Days Inn where our friends were. It was the same amount of money and they had breakfast with decent coffee.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here if you want to be comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank dawnarae

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is without doubt the best Motel 6 I have stayed in, I have been on the road for the past 3,5 weeks, and was beginning to look for other motels than Motel6 because of the relatively low standard I have seen.
There was a sign on the front saying high speed internet, and it actually was very fast, and included in the price. Right now I am writing this review in another Motel 6 in Dallas where I was charged 2,99 which is the usual for Motel6 and the wifi here is so slow that it should have been free.
But back to Hillsboro, the room was remarkably clean, there were a microwave and fridge in the room which I really appreciate, first of all the Motel6 I have been in that have that
Very nice, thanks.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2014

A friend's wife was traveling home with four small kids and got stranded because of the icy winter weather conditions. I got online and tried to find a hotel room in Hillsboro for them. The price listed for this Motel 6 was $399 through hotels.com. After taxes and fees, it was more than $450. This sure appears to be price-gouging by hotels.com. If so, it is VERY disappointing. I would expect better from a company with ads that portray this company as consumer-friendly. There may be more to the story, but I sure can tell you what it looks like to me at this point.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This was very unexpected for a hotel with such an inexpensive price. Our room was definitely the cleanest room i've ever had. Thanks, motel 6!! I had a great trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2011

For $39.99, it was a decent place to stay. The rooms were kind of small, much like a room in a house with an attached restroom, but for just a place to stay a couple nights it wasn't bad. Its very close to all the restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Weren't sure what to expect for the price but were pleased to find a nice, clean motel with interior entry doors. Room with two double beds is surprisingly spacious and has tv, fridge, micro and good sized bathroom. Desk + plenty of room to put clothes, bags, etc. No extra charge for a pet friendly room and, unlike a lot of places we've stayed, they offered a non-smoking pet friendly room. The mattresses are pretty bouncy but overall very nice for $55 including tax for two adults. Front desk stayed that you can get 10% off at three local restaurants by showing your room key...cannot personally confirm.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed March 16, 2011

In may ways this is a nice enough place, but unfortunately they gave us a room facing the truck parking lot for a business next door. Very noisy all night long.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple