“GREAT MINI VACA”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Hillsboro
Hillsboro, Texas
“GREAT MINI VACA”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Newer hotel, Very reasonable rates, Pool Clean and Quiet!!! (YES, Even with Close Proximetry to the INTERSTATE), Rooms/Floors QUIET as well (I Stayed on a weekend into the weekdays of the next week, so I stayed in EACH "TIME ENVIRONMENT").

M O S T of the staff at the front desk was great. A FEW PEOPLE needed SOME..."ADDITIONAL TRAINING", but...BUT, overall I had a relatively pleasant experience.

ROOM KEYS EXPIRING EARLY WERE AN UNENDING ISSUE/PROBLEM.

OWNER...STANDS UP TO REPUTATION OF RUDE AND UNPLEASANT. I wish I could dispute this, but I in all honestly,cannot. My only/best advise-avoid owner, enjoy hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank S B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Valley Mills, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Our recent stay at LaQuinta in Hillsboro for a High school eligable baseball tournament, was the absolute worse... We got 2 rooms, in one of the rooms, the air conditioner did not work at all. We let the front desk know and the manager/owner came up to check it out. He told my 20 year old son staying in the room it wasnt cooling because 5 teenagers were in there when there was only supposed to be four... when I, myself asked if he would change them to another room he said there was none available and the reason it wasnt cooling was because now changed to "8" people were in there.... a bold face LIE! I logged on the THEIR own website and booked one right in their lobby. This man also seemed to have a problem with kids.. not any of my own but my husband, myself and other friends staying there witnessed him gripping at teenagers and even younger kids for laughing or even being up what he felt was passed their bedtime... I've stayed at many hotels and this one is by far the absolute worse ever and made you feel so uncomfortable... needless to say we checked out and went to the Hampton's across the interstate and it was absolutely wonderful!! this all happened with the manager/ owner of the hotel!! not to mention when asked if there would be no charge, the owner said only if we check out. So he does not stand by LaQuinta's advertised quote of "your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If there is a problem, contact the front desk for assistance. We guarantee we'll resolve it or your night's stay is on us!"

Room Tip: I have none for this hotel...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Cheryl M
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2012

If you call and request two beds, you will be charged a $25 upgrade fee. Every hotel I have ever stayed in accomidates this simple request without fees. I vented to Priceline but this LaQuinta should be willing to accomidate especially if they are looking for weekday visits.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MommasTripn
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Someone should give him a management class on how to treat his Elite Member guests. I won't be back!!

• Stayed June 2012