“Great Italian”

Frenkie's Pasta & Pizza
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Hillsboro
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews before going, and I was pleasantly surprised! The food was great, made with fresh ingredients, and exceeded our expectations. You won't be able to resist the, hot from the oven, bread rolls! Not a fancy place, old, and worn, but probably the best place in town.
it was made with fresh ingredients and exceeded my expectations

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I am an Italian from just outside of NYC. Both sides of my family are Italian. I grew up on home cooking (I didn't know food wasn't all red until I was a teenager). It is almost impossible to get traditional tomato sauce in a restaurant, it has to be homemade. I have eaten in Italian restaurants all over the world, from little family joints to the most expensive. I am almost always disappointed so imagine my surprise when we found Frenkie's in Hillsborough, Texas. I could tell by just looking at the two dishes we ordered that this is the real thing. The linguini with strips of chicken in the gravy (red sauce is gravy to an Italian) was out of this world. The gravy was just the right consistency with just the right amount of oil around the edges and just the right color that told me that it was home made. A pasta dish is all about the gravy, Frenkie's is the best hands down. When my mother makes gravy she cooks meat in it for hours which makes the incredible tastes. Frenkie's tastes the same. The prices of the meals are very inexpensive and the portions are just right. I would usually take some home at any other restaurant but I ate is all and ordered two connolis to go. If you are looking for great Italian food, this is it. I will go back every chance I can. Do not leave without the connolis.

1  Thank cafrankSanDiego
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have bee many times and have taken our friends. The food is so good and service is great. You can take your own wine and they provide set ups.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My daughter and I visited this place on a visit to Hillsboro. We had a pizza and found it to be about average. It wasn't bad it just wasn't great.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I can not tell you if Frenkie's serves authentic Italian food or not, because, I am not sure I have ever eaten authentic Italian food. However, I can tell you both the pasta dish and the dessert I had at Frenkie's were delicious. We also received very good service. We will return to this little restaurant in downtown Hillsboro Texas.