“Great hotel, but rooms left a lot to be desired.”

Disney's Sequoia Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coupvray
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Trip date: May 2010

We visited Disneyland Paris and stayed at the Sequoia Lodge with a reasonable size group including two children under the age of 6. They loved every minute of the whole holiday, as did the rest of us. The food available at the Lodge was delicious, the pool was fantastic and the staff were some of the most welcoming I have ever encountered on my travels.

The breakfast whilst busy had a good selection, and the fitness room seemed great ! Although I am not one to normally indulge in the fitness world whilst on holiday.

The rooms while adequate - I just felt were basic. They served their purpose, but their decor left a lot to be desired.

For the overall experience - 2 nights and the trip to Disneyland, the value was actually fantastic. Anyone debating a trip to Disneyland citing enjoyment and value, i'd highly recommend you to go and stay at Disney's Sequoia Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DanielGTravels
There are newer reviews for Disney's Sequoia Lodge

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family and I are Disney fanatics; our trip started in Disney World then took the most incredible Transatlantic Disney cruise and ended in Disneyland Paris. We stayed at the Disney's Sequoia Lodge and it was the biggest disappointment we have had with Disney in all of our trips. The hotel is dirty and nothing worked, from the coffee maker to the fridge to the AC, the grounds need major renovations, except for the little store in the hotel nothing else says Disney. We had a suite, which was huge but it felt dirty and everything seem old and worn out.
We had the concierge service but unlike the Orlando Disney properties, who go above and beyond to make your stay dreamy and wanting to come back. When I encounter an issue in this hotel I was actually told by the concierge they couldn’t help me because their systems were not linked.
The issue I encounter is with these huge paper vouchers they give you for everything, from food to teatime to fast passes. Mistakenly on one of the nights I had given the waiter 3 adult vouchers instead of 2 adults and one child, the next day when I went to the concierge to tell them of my mistake and show them my receipt that in fact 2 adult and 1 child meals were consume, she told me that there was nothing she could do and that I now had to pay the difference, ~20 Euros which wasn’t cheap. I was upset and disappointed, perhaps the reason the concierge person I was dealing with took pity of me and 2 hours later (while my son and husband were waiting outside the restaurant), the hotel Manager had to write a handwritten note to the Manager of the restaurant to allow us to have 2 adult meals and 1 child. In hindsight, I should just give up and taken the child menu but it was just a matter of the principal, unlike other times which I am sadden to leave Disney, this time we couldn’t wait to leave.
We have already booked our next Disney cruise but will never, ever comeback to Disneyland Paris and any of their properties, even if it was free. Perhaps is the reason Disney parks in Paris are pretty empty in comparison and why many Europeans still make the trip to Florida.

2  Thank Peggy M
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Sequoia lodge whilst on holiday with my family. My fiancé and I stayed in our own room whilst his brother had a family room with their children and his mother and sister shared another room.

We travelled via the Eurostar from Britain and took advantage of the Disney express service which allows you to drop your luggage off at the train station and it is then taken to your hotel. I would highly recommend doing this, as it is safe and hassle free!

When we arrived at sequoia lodge after a long day in the park we waited at reception to check in, this process seemed overly long and staff didn’t seem to have too much confidence in what they were doing. None the less we got our room key and off we went, for a long walk. Turned out our room has in a lodge a short walk from the main hotel. This was okay in the day but at the night the path was poorly lit and the tree roots had made the path very uneven.

The room itself was great; we had one large comfortable bed, with a huge bathroom. Overall it was very clean and spacious just what you need really. There is no tea making facilities, fridge or hair dryer but if you ask at reception you can get a kettle.

You are given set times for breakfast, but being a couple we found we could rock up at any time we liked and there was no problem, if you where in a larger family this may be a problem. Overall it was pretty standard, there was a selection of ham, cheese, yogurts, croissants, breads, cereals and a large selection of tea and juices.

The hunter grill and the main restaurants it is just a short 10 min walk into the Disney village which is just great, mainly when going out for drinks or dinner in the evening.

Overall a good hotel and I would stay again if visiting Disneyland Paris!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abbie H
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed in a lodge away from main building so much quieter. Rooms spacious and clean with baths as well as showers. Safety boxes free which is a bonus. Nice to be able to walk through the grounds to the main building. Good variety for breakfast but try to get in early as it is manic later on!
Nice area to chill out with a drink on the verandah with loads of space for kids to play. Very close to disney park so not worth getting the bus

Room Tip: The lodges are more peaceful set away from the main hotel
1  Thank Corinne B
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the sequoia lodge 2nd to the 6th june with 2 adults and 2 kids aged 7 and 10 we stayed in the main hotel in the montana rooms. The hotel and the rooms are lovely very clean you get a free safe in the room shampoo and soap provided free aircon tv with disney channel and wotld news. The staff were all really nice and spoke excellent and clear english downstairs there are nice indoor and outdoor seating area which is great to sit and have a drink after a long day in the park also there is an area for kids to play why you have a drink (about 4.50 for pop) with a tv and during the day with toys paper playdough ect. There are two characters in the hotel every morning from 7 to 11 alternating every 30 mins perfect chance for autographs and photos as we didn't see any characters walking round the parks.we ate in hunters grill every morning for breakfast we booked our timeslot for 9.15 every morning except the last we ate earlier. there was never a que when we went and if you end up going a bit earlier or later thats fine there not strict with the times we never managed to be exactly on time breakfast was nice with different breads, crossiants meat cheese cereal fruit and yoghurt with lots of spreads nuttela jams marmalade honey ect drinks were apple or orange juice and tea coffee hot choc etc you can also just get boiling water if you need it for baby bottles theres also a toilet in there handy when you have kids. We took sandwich bags with us and filled them for dinner and then took some extra to feed the ducks and fish in the lake on the way to the parks. Its quicker to walk from the hotel to the parks then get the shuttle its about 5 mins to village and then another 5 to the parks but it's a nice walk plenty to see on the way.we didn't go in the pools or anything so can't comment due to being to busy at the parks as the kids can swim anytime so wanted to make most of time there and do everything hope this review is helpful sorry if its a bit long.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank beany12345
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We booked the Golden Forrest room from the 3 rd to the 7 th June 2014. We flew with Air France and booked a private transfer with Prestige travel. All wonderful. Kids booster seats in the large taxi/mini bus straight to door. Only took just over half hour travel in taxi.
Book in was a great experience, very friendly with the kids. We were given a large Suite, didn't ask just given so had lots and lots of space.
Golden forrest lounge was great. Lots of free tea and drinks from 12 to 10.30 , so the kids could also have milk before bed time.
Breakfast was great, could go anytime and lots of food and fun characters around every morning. The lifts to the rooms did get busy at the weekends at main times. Park was an easy 10 minutes walk past the lake so we popped in and out during the day as we wished.
We did the half board meal plan plus, wasted on the kids as they didn't eat much but nice for us.
first night ate at Lagoon restaurant which was great, second night Hunters grill in the Hotel and third night Cape Cod and last night at Café Mickey, food at café mickey wasn't great but was a great experience and such a laugh with the kids.
We never waited more than 20mins for the rides. Lots of things to see and do and explore and we loved it.
Everywhere was clean and beautiful and the service was fantastic.

4  Thank mini racer 100
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have just come back from a 4 day stay and the service from the hotel staff were brilliant
We needed a fridge for our daughter and that was no problem and was sorted for us.... On the last day 2 hrs before due to leave our daughter fell while we was sitting out side the hotel and i took her to reception and the help I got was brilliant they got us too hospital within half hour and we had to stay an extra night and the hotel put my son and partner up for the night they collected me and my daughter from hospital the next day took us to the train station the next day.
Excellent communication and service. You must see the night show at the castle it was Magical.

Room Tip: The room we got was really big and clean we over looked the lake.
2  Thank Cally S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coupvray
Disneyland Hotel
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
#10 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe

Been to Disney's Sequoia Lodge? Share your experiences!