“Pretty decent crab cakes!”

Rockfish Seafood & Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.rockfish.com/. They have 10 locations in DFW area, but only 4 locations listed in Trip Advisor, Highland Village is not listed. I would like to review the one in the Highland Village that I went to couple times
Lake Dallas, Texas
“Pretty decent crab cakes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I like Rockfish, but I am really picky about crab cakes (it's an east coast thing), so I warned the server that I would not hesitate to send them back. Yes, I've had better, but they were pretty decent and there were three of them (often you only get two), plus two sauces to go with them. The asparagus side was still crunchy, and they did my fries PERFECTLY (I like then really crisp and most places never get them right the first time). My wife had the crab stuffed flounder, and their mints are the best!

• Visited April 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The menu is very diverse and sometimes they'll have music outside. Their fish and chips are pretty good. I love their salmon and their crab cakes.

Visited December 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Great selection of fresh seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Happened to stop in this restaurant while driving through the Texas area. Great choice. Glad we found this place. The food was excellent and the service was too. Had a seafood chowder that was to die for. My husband had a salad with grilled Tuna and he said it was excellent too. Wish we could have stayed in the area and eaten there again.

• Visited January 2013
Lake Dallas, Texas
“New stuff is worth trying!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Several new menu items brought me back (Truth: Rockfish hasn't my 1st choice. It's been OK, but nothing to rave about...and life is short.). I chose the shrimp "Mix & Match," with caribbean and coconut, added a salad, and had a side of fries (I like mine VERY crispy). My wife chose crab-stuffed flounder, but had to scrape off the cajun sauce (pretty hot) and ask for a honey lemon butter (much better). We noticed a new crab soup (they also have crab bisque), which I'd like to try on a return (Even the fact I'm contemplating a return says a lot!). The best part was our waiter, Katie, who was as delightful and accommodating as she was fun to watch practically fly around the place, 'cause she was BUSY! This place has gone up on my list!

• Visited November 2012
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
“Good value, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Nice prices and casual environment. The patio is perfect when it isn't too hot. They occasionally have some live music out on the patio that is really great.

Visited June 2012