“Our Familys Favorite Pizza Joint”
Review of Vito's Pizza

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I with Marken76. Our family has been eating here for serveral years as well and it is our families favorite pizza around. Even our 5 and 7 year old boys compare every other pizza they eat to Vito's. This review may be a little long winded to dispell some of the other reviews below. Why bother? Two reasons. One, if you enjoy good food for a good value as our family I think you may want to try this joint. Two, this is a family run business. I think they do a great job. We have ALWAYS been treated very kindly and with respect over the years we have come here.

Let's see... where to start. The Pizza! To our family it is truly the best, not just here but really some of the best (traditional, like NY style) pizza we've had anywhere. Here is why. Vito's makes a great pie with top quality ingredients. We're talking REAL cheese, good sauce, and top quality ingredients. One of my favorite toppings is the sliced meatballs (I just wish the would slice them thicker). You may have read the about "greasy pizza". Well when you use high quality real mozzarella (not partly skim milk or other inferior products), and good quality pepperoni and other meats, yes... you may have some grease. I wish it wasn't so, but if you know good food and good pizza, you know what I'm talking about. Another thing to be aware of is that the pizza is BIG! Small = 14", Med = 16", Large = 18" and XL = 20". Keep in mind the Papa John's large is 14". Yes we've had them all.

As far at the other food I can offer some additional commentary. I have had a couple of the Chicken dishes with pasta. In true Vito's fashion they come in large portions as well. I have tried two different chicken dishes and both times the chicken was cooked to perfection. Moist and not dried out. I have also had the eggplant Parm with pasta and that was good too. We usually get the Big Green Salad with our dinner which is a good basic salad which includes mozzarella, black olives, and peperoncini peppers. It's a good value and the family loves their rich creamy homemade ranch and you can probably feed 3 as an app before your meal. My daughter once got a calzone, and yes it was huge.

Atmosphere? Look, everyone has a preference and personal taste. I like little "hole in the wall" joints that are unpretentious and serve good food. I like the laid back feeling. Vito's is just that. They are primarily a carry-out/delivery joint. However they have a nice little dining room with 4 or 5 tables. We get take out, we get delivery and we do eat in. We actually love eating in. Never have had a complaint about service. More than likely you will be served by one of the family members. It is nice that they bring you Italian bread and marinara sauce complimentary. As someone else mentioned you can BYOB, and I personally love that. You can bring what ever kind of wine you want and not have to pay full "restaurant" retail price which is usually 3x what you pay at the store. It's a nice place to enjoy a fun inexpensive meal with a bottle of wine or two, in a low profile place with another couple. Again, it's unpretentious.

The delivery service has been very good too. We have ordered many times. If the wife and I go out and a date the kids often ask for Vito's to deliver. They'll eat other pizza, but always prefer vito's (by a long shot). Oh and probably one of the family members will deliver the order to your house.

Now to set the record straight. We have one person rating this place a 1 and calling it "Horrible," yet never had any of the food. They just didn't get their way. Who know's what happened. Quite frankly I didn't think anyone in Flower Mound needed or used coupons. Hey, I don't like paying full price for anything. But no complaints here, it's a good value.

Another complaint was the food was good and the portions were hugh but the service was slow. I've never heard anyone complain about getting their moneys worth. Wait, not true... I do know a few people that literally complain about everything. Again, in the past several years, we've never experienced bad service. Is it fine dining service? No! And finally, I'm pretty certain there had been no change in ownership. Baris of Flower Mound had a carry out in this location that obviously didn't make it. Vito's has been here for at least 3 years and I anticipate will be here longer. Baris is okay but Vito's is much better when you compare item to item.

Look, honestly I hope too many of you don't come here. I like walking in and being able to get a table. It concerns me that too many people will like this otherwise carry out's dinning in and I won't find a table when I come in. I want them to stay busy enough to make a decent living and stay open. But in my opinion, it's good. Real good, and I'm sure you'll enjoy. Try the pizza first and come back for the other stuff.

2  Thank freedominc98

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have dined at Vito's many times over the last two years. The food has always been great and the service very attentive. We always dine in and love the cozy little dining room. We are always waited on immediately. They bring hot garlic bread and marinara sauce out first and the sauce is so good. I could make a meal on the bread and sauce! We have had pizza, Stromboli and several different pasta dishes. All have been delicious and the portions are huge. I always have enough to take home for lunch the next day. The prices are very reasonable. And it is BYOB, so often we take a bottle of wine, which makes it an even better value. A note for those who haven't tried Vito's yet, regarding the negative reviews, sounds like sour grapes to me. To quote one, "I let the young girl know we were NEW CUSTOMERS ", really? are you that special??? Don't let those people (who probably complain about everything) stop you from trying a very good place.

1  Thank Marken76
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Have never been and after the poor service WILL NEVER GO!!! Had 3 Valpak coupons and when we called to place the order, I let the young girl know we were NEW CUSTOMERS wanting to try them and I had coupons....she was unable to assist and had to get Ruby the manager to help. Ruby didn't know about any coupons (even theirs from their own website) and I offered multiple times to give her the link, take a photo to send to her of the coupons, etc. She finally called the owner Antonio only to call me back and say oh yeah there are the Valpak coupons (and online coupons) but uh we're not taking them today. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!! There were NO LIMITS, NO DATES (except the exp. date that we were 3+ weeks away from). So after my family investing 20 minutes planning our order, this foolish restaurant decided to deny us business after paying VALPACK for the coupons and possibly gaining good NEW Customers. VITO's, this is why you will not be in business very long...your loss send us back to our favorite Alforno's Italian Kitchen in Flo Mo....never again Vito's....you lost big over a few bucks off coupon you paid to advertise. Isn't the purpose of coupons to BRING IN NEW Customers (like us) so why would you turn us away??.....FOOLS!!!!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

There are only about 4 tables for eat-in at this little restaurant, so it's obviously more for take-out, but you would think that with only 4 tables to serve, that you could get some service. We were there for over an hour before we even got our food! I thought the food was fine and might be willing to go again for take-out, but I would never eat in at the restaurant again! The small pizza was huge - enough for a family of 4, which would have been nice to know before we ordered. The stromboli's and calzone's were also huge and enough for at least 2 meals.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

Prior to new ownership I would order at least every couple of weeks. Now we have given Vito's more then a fair share of chances to bring up the quality of their pizza pie. Last order was a total NOT fit for eating greasy moist crust mess. I'm done with this restaurant! Instead of dropping flyers door to door invest in quality control. How difficult could it be?