“Do not waste your money since what you get is not edible.”

Koffee Kup Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Hico
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Lampasas
“Do not waste your money since what you get is not edible.”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

.My husband and I stopped here today for lunch. His "chicken fried steak" was dry, hard and hidden under a vast amount of breading. My"pork tenderloin" consisted of three hard disks of meat about fifty cent sized. Inedible. The baked potatoes as well as the salad had been around since last week. Then for desert,I was not allowed to have a piece of their precious pie but was served a tiny "pie" which was awful and inedible.
Horrible. I'm still sick from the little I tried to eat. Total bill $21.40

Plano, Texas
“Stop anywhere else but here!”
Reviewed April 30, 2010

We had the same dishes as another reviewer (chicken fried steak & the pork tenderloin) with the same experience. The food was tough and the pie was ok. Although they don't accept credit cards, they conveniently have an ATM in the "lobby." Next time we'll stop at Jake & Dorothy's in Stephenville for comfort food or make our own.

Ennis, Texas
“If you want a piece of pie, don't try to eat a burger by yourself!”
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Best burger I have ever had, and I think it has got to be the biggest one also! My wife and I should have shared a burger so we could have tried some pie. I guess we will eat pie first next time!

Tampa, Florida
“Fantastic Burgers”
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Upon entering and seeing that most of the patrons were wearing camouflage clothing I began to wonder if we had somehow accidently stopped at some kind of right wing wacko convention.....it may have been, but if the food is this good at wacko meetings then I will attend them all!
The chicken fried steak was pretty good, not great. The burgers however....oh those burgers. The huge burgers come with a side, get the onion rings and forget the french fries or curly fries. It was a toss up which burger we liked best, the BBQ burger or the burger with cream cheese and jalepenos. We decided that what sets these burgers above the rest is that they are served on freshly baked yeast style buns. The slightly sweet taste of the buns perfectly off-set the savory on the other ingredients.
You should also skip appetizers so that you have room for the home made pies. The Strawberry Pie was quite good, the Blueberry-Banana Pie was excellent, but the Reeses Peanut Butter Pie was pure evil....in a good way.
Don't miss this stop if you are driving through, but make sure you take off your 'I voted for Obama' T-shirt before you go in.

Fredericksburg, Texas
“Love This "Mom and Pop" Cafe in Hico, Texas!”
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We saw the Koffee Kup featured on Hill Country Reporter and we decided to stop in for breakfast on our way to our home in Fredericksburg. It is truly the classic Mom and Pop Cafe, for which my husband and I both have a weakness. I ordered the Taco Salad with Beef and my hubby ordered breakfast. My husband said the bacon & sausage were just o.k., but everything else cooked to order. Fantastic hashbrowns! Fast, attentive service and the atmosphere was pleasant. We snuck a look at the gentleman's hamburger and onion rings next to us and we will return just to sample his selection. Also, we will buy a couple of pies next time. They looked delicious! All in all, a nice place to stop and have an "old fashioned cafe" experience. We enjoyed it.