“Worth every calorie”

Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Hico
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Best meal ever in a restaurant? It's all relative...if you're wanting fine dining then of course this isn't the spot for you now, but after craving a decadent burger experience the Koffee Kup hit the spot. I ordered the burger with guacamole and onion rings. Served on a house made bun, it was messy and absolutely delicious. I polished off almost the entire 1/2 lb burger plus onion rings, and it was well worth hardly eating the rest of the day. Last time I was here I went light and only had their small burger...go for the real deal! Their pies are delicious, too, so think of someone to share it with and get a whole one to go if you're not from the area.

There are newer reviews for Koffee Kup Family Restaurant

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My mom & step-father took us here on our way from Gatesville to Dublin. It's a great little small town restaurant. 3 of us had the lunch special (Chicken fried steak or hamburger steak w/1 vegetable & dessert) & 1 ordered off the menu. None of us were dissapointed, & 2 left with their desserts to eat later because the lunch sized portions were generous.
Not sure if our timing was just better than other reviewers, or if our standards are just lower, but I can't think why anyone would give this little place a bad review. Mom & step-dad are repeat customers when they are through there, & my husband & I enjoyed ourselves there.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

A previous reviewer said it best. Restaurants become iconic. Unfortunately management changes and quality slides from mediocre to. "Go to MacDonalds!" Our younger server was polite and prompt. We gave her a really tough order: grill cheese and pecan pie. Grilled cheese, partially melted, I could've made a better pie (that's scary!) we are not native Texans, but feel badly when a special place is just not special anymore.

1  Thank TexasFiona
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The food is average, but the pies are above the ordinary. It's the best home-style cooking in the area...and the only one that we know of. They serve large portions of fries and onion rings, but my fav is the fried okra. My hubby liked the fried catfish and others enjoyed chicken fried steak, but my choice was grilled chicken breast.

2  Thank PJJWRITER
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Each time I pass this restaurant it seems to be crowded. I finally had an opportunity to stop. It proved to be a real waste of time. Maybe everyone that stops here is curious too.
The food appeared to have been prepared many hours before and tasted like yesterday's dinner. It also looked like it was old. I noticed other tables leaving their food unconsumed as well.
I could write volumes telling about the terrible service and poor food quality but will leave it to say keep driving past this one.