“OK but not great country food”

Koffee Kup Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Hico
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
San Antonio, Texas
“OK but not great country food”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My first trip to the Koffee Kup. I was seated quickly at a table near the door. I ordered the chicken fried steak which was good but you could tell that it was frozen. Veggies were excellent. The Peanut Butter pie was one of the best I've every had. I will stop again as I pass by.

Texas
“Pie is a little Pricey”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've been to the Koffee Kup back when it was the Koffee Kup Kafe but it has been at least 25 years and have no recollection of my visit. My spouse and I stopped for pie and coffee. The pie was good (peanut butter and black forest is what we got) and the coffee was strong. This is a plain, no frills place. The only negative is the pie prices are a little high. It was almost $5.00 a slice but the service was good and quick.

Aubrey, Texas, United States
“Food's ok, but the pie's sublime”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Come for the food, it's fine, but the pie is the attraction. Take your pick, they are all great. And, if that's not enough sweet walk over the Wiseman House Chocolates. As good as the pies.

• Visited July 2013
“Greasy Trap should be the name.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We ate here recently. I had a cheeseburger w/ onion rings. The meat was burnt & less than an inch thick. It was a bun piled w/ lettuce, onion, pickle, & a whole jar of mustard. Onion rings were good, but really greasy. my son had a corn dog & it was literally dripping w/ grease. gag. i had pecan pie, it was dry & stale. i LOVE pecan pie ($4.99/slice) & i have had better from the frozen food section @ the grocery store. my son had a dish of ice cream that was practically melted when he got it. When we asked for some that wasnt melted, she replied, "well ya know,it's hot outside." soo that means your ice cream is melted?? My son ended up getting sick w/ throwing up & diarrhea that night & the next day. Narrowed it down to either the corn dog, ketchup, or ice cream he ate. Service was slow & it is so cramped & loud. Will not ever return. Way overpriced & overrated!! I nearly pasted out @ our nearly $55 tab (excl tip)for 3 adults & 1 child. all we had were 2 hamburgers,1 order onion rings, chicken strips, corndog, 2 pieces of pie, & 3 teas. We could have eaten @ a really nice steakhouse!!

Austin
“It's all about the pie!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place is Texas pie at its best. The food itself is spotty. I've had some great home cooking here, but also some pretty mediocre meals. The atmosphere is pure small town Texas. So, come between meals and hunker down with a big ol' piece of pie and some iced tea.

• Visited March 2013