“A welcome morning sight”

Koffee Kup Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Hico
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We visited the Koffee Kup in the morning after a long hot day and warm night campout. The service was excellent and the food pretty good. Although my egg order was wrong, what I ate was still good. The bacon is nice and thick and almost reminded me of the bacon I had in Germany. The hash browns and toast rivaled some of the better breakfasts I have had. I had the wife and two kids and the breakfast was still less than $30. The waitress was very attentive and took the time to have personal conversations with her customers. My only real complaint was the restrooms are so small that every time I moved, the hand dryer kept turning on. The restaurant is family friendly as it says right in the name. The restaurant is also totally smoke free. The town seems to be on the verge of becoming a Ghost Town, so stop in before everything disappears!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you're driving through central Texas, try using highway 287 instead of interstate 35. You'll discover some cute little towns and have the chance to eat at this fantastic spot. The burgers are so good! We tried the cream cheese and jalapeno burger because it was on the Texas Monthly best burgers list, and we really liked it. The pies are outstanding so save room for dessert!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have stopped here before for pie but this time had lunch. Burgers cooked to order that are a 1/2 pound. Homemade onion rings piled high. It is always busy due to popularity but not a long wait. Good place to run into old friends or make some new ones on your travels. Same room for pie, all homemade there too! Strawberry is my favorite.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stopped for pie. My mom had coconut, I had pecan fudge. They were good, but not great, and not worth $5 a slice. Mine needed to be served warm, but yet was icebox cold, and the waitress never offered to heat it. We've had better.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I always wanted to try the Koffee Kup each time we drove through the area. When I finally got the opportunity, it was disappointing. Food was so so. But...the chocolate pie is the best I've ever had. We are so rarely in that area now, but each time we are, I buy a whole pie to take back home. So, if you are in the area, go for the pie!!