“A great Place For Some Real Tex Mex”

Jersey Lilly's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Hico
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Out on our regular Friday morning adventure, My wife, my best friend and I ventured to Hico, Tx to see some sights and have some fun. While there we all became "ready to eat" and went to the Jersey Lilly's Mexican Restaurant. Now we are cautious when trying new Mexican Restaurants because they are usually very good or very bad. We went in and found the atmosphere to be very pleasant and it was crowded with locals. (A very good sign). We decided to go with the lunch special and while we waited we scarfed down some of the best chips and salsa ever. When our food arrived we were happy to find that it was deeelishous!!!! The service was fantastic. We must have had four different employees check with us to see if all was right. Well....it was better than right. It was very, very good and we WILL be going back again soon. Well done to the owners and employees. You made our trip even better.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very good Tex-Mex, super friendly and colorful atmosphere. Since I also own my own business, I am always really happy to see success with family-owned ventures. These guys are great.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Over the years I've stopped here a few times a year with acceptable quality. I stopped there today and the experience was terrible. I had ordered and was starting on part of the order. I was then informed that a regular always used the seat I was in and I'd have to relocate.

I honestly thought she was kidding until she picked my order to relocate me. I objected and was informed that regulars have precedence.

There are many fine eating places in Glen Rose and Hamilton that I can eat at in the future.

3  Thank Ron_TX_Ft_Worth
Reviewed January 2, 2014

It is quite an experience to visit Hico, Texas..It is a an old Texas Historical setting and this restaurant adds to the flavor...We usually have fajitas..which are tasty..
.People watching is a must..
The Jersey Lilly is a fun, upbeat Restaurant filled with that small town, friendly atmosphere and great service. The fare is Mexican and the décor is something that both children and adults will enjoy.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on tour buses (2) Restaurant had no idea what hit them. They did not have enough employees working, they had to call in extra help. While they did their best to serve us it was very apparent this was not going to be good. Took over 1 hr for food to be delivered. When it finally got to us it was cold and not very flavorful. Chips were the best!

1  Thank BREZ6