Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$75
Premier Inn Malvern Hotel(Great Malvern)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Bar/Lounge
The Crown(Worcester)
Agoda.com
1,001 results
All reviewsdining roomattention to detailoriginal featureshigh standardwell worth a visitwhole experiencecourse mealthe wow factorstayed for one nightlarge showerreturn visitstanbrook abbeyan overnight staycooked breakfastmalvern hillsafternoon teafull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our wedding day was grand in every sense of the word at Stanbrook Abbey with the Gothic wallpapers and décor, impressive carvings and stained glass to the wonderful food menu and the grooms room! Brilliant!
The venue is memorising and truly enchanting and I think it's safe to say that everyone fell in love with Stanbrook that day, at the moment it is a hidden gem and I'm ecstatic that I got to find it.

We got married in the Great Hall, the former chapel which gave us the perfect balance of a wedding as it feels like a cathedral because of its grand setting, we even had a trio orchestra playing during the ceremony which added to the setting.
Stanbrook gave us the best from both worlds, a chapel to be wed in and a few steps into the gardens,piano room and the chosen reception room. Ours was the Thompson hall which was fabulous. Even the ladies and men's room are luxurious!!
We hired the brides manor for the stay and WOW! Can I move in? Absolutely wonderful and beautifully decorated, everything you could ask for. Our overnight stay was spent with family as there are 5 bedrooms in the manor. It was different from the norm wedding as everyone usually goes back to their hotel room normally but this is a house, so we spent the next few hours in the drawing room chatting about our special day.

Apart from the wonderful Abbey itself there are stunning gardens overlooking a lake which is perfect for photographs and our photographer truly captured the essence of our day with the many spots for opportunity.

The team were fantastic, Katy the event manager was everything you could ask for in an coordinator, she gave input where needed but has a relaxed lovely personality which fitted in with us just perfectly. Ben was a lovely guy and he helped ease my mind on the day with the minor few hiccups, and Paul who ran the day was superb made me feel in good hands.
I couldn't have asked for a better team to accommodate us and run the day. After the few weeks I had of planning they took complete control and ran it how I wanted.
I got many many compliments on the food, everyone saying it was the best wedding food they had. Top marks to the chefs! That laid back attitude paid off!

I can honestly say you won't find better, I just wish I could relive my day over again! If you are pondering on choosing Stanbrook as your venue ponder no more!

Thank you a million times, you made such an important and special day magical :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I can't say more than "perfect". Stanbrook Abbey is quite simply the best wedding venue in the west midlands - not that I've been to them all - but hardly any could surpass the perfection of this wonderful Abbey!
Well done to all the staff. We are planning our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

What a find eight weeks before my son and future daughter in laws wedding, Katy the Events Manager was really helpful and went out of her way to accommodate us. The day itself was a lovely typically English summers day and couldn't have been more perfect, the staff were waiting for the bride and groom to arrive with their guests, Pimms in lounge and then the most wonderful reception in St Anne's Hall. The Wedding Breakfast food was unbelievable smoked salmon, roasted blade of beef followed by a chocolate dessert, the staff were also very attentive and nothing too much trouble. The garden games went down very well as half the guests were from Sweden and it made a nice change while the hall was being transformed for evening. The Swedish and English danced until midnight with delicious supper midway through, and then off to the sumptuous Brides Manor to sleep. The perfect wedding was over Boo!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed August 16, 2013

A simple birthday party, drinks and then a bite followed by a bit of music, nice way to spend a Friday evening we thought.
Stanbrook Abbey turned it into a major event and made it one of the best evenings we have spent with our friends for many a year. From the moment we were met at the door and directed to the piano room, to the cheerful goodnight as we left, the experience was first class. The staff are obviously committed and so well trained in their roles that the evening flowed seamlessly from pre dinner drinks, the meal to the entertainment. The meal was a triumph, although the hostess had limited the choices, the food was just about perfect. My wife declared the salmon to be the best she had tasted and my chicken with leek was a culinary marvel, so much flavour with each mouthful. The portions were generous, to the point that I had to leave some chocolate torte, shame on me! The intervals between the courses were about right, given that there were eight tables, showing excellent management skills by the maitre d'hotel, well done young lady. All in all a five star experience, we thoroughly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We recently attended a wedding at Stanbrook and found the whole experience delightful. The building itself is beautiful and the interior has been furnished exquisitely but retaining original features and a very comfortable atmosphere, i.e. not too formal. Having our Pimms in the drawing room made it seem as if we were having it in the bride's home which created a lovely ambiance. Then we had a faultless meal, served very professionally. My only quibble would be that a microphone should be provided for the speeches as the acoustics in the room are not good. Afterwards we had a tour of the building and saw the Bride's Manor where family were staying - and we wished we were too as it was so lovely!! Then we lounged on the outdoor sofas and some played boules or croquet - so relaxing and enjoyable. We're now trying to think up some excuse to go there again for a celebration!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends