“Home when your away...”

Sleep Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hewitt
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had previously stayed at the Comfort Suite down the road but made a choice to try the Sleep Inn& Suites in Hewitt. I'm glad I made the change, as I stayed at this location 3 nights over the holidays and was treated super by the front desk staff and I found the rooms to be very clean and the bed/ linens were updated and modern and very comfortable. I had a king suite, and I used the refrigerator/microwave/sink combo many times while here and it was very convient. Next time I will remember to bring my swim suit as the spa and pool looked very inviting! The breakfast was hot and always plentiful with eggs, sausage and waffles and every other day they have sausage and biscuits. All the other cold items as well. The breakfast area is always kept well stocked and in order. The location has easy access for I-35 and there are fast food restaurants nearby. I received a Christmas card from the staff when I checked out before the holiday! What a nice touch for a traveling single who's away from family over the holiday! I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Suites are large and have great sunlight, with large windows, the sheer curtains give the privacy y...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
sleep06, Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.com regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've found Sleep Inn Hotels to be a good bargain, but it is normally not the Ritz. Wow, what a pleasant surprise the Sleep Inn at Hewitt Texas is. Everything was super clean and in great shape. Indoor Pool and Spa-Fantastic. I'd heard the breakfast was so-so, I found it to be hot and tasty, and the kitchen worker very helpful and courteous. Lots of pillows, room immaculate, bathroom spotless, comfortable bed and linens. I had a great rate, government/military, so I had a five-star experience for a super price. You get what you pay for, but here I got a lot more than I expected. This hotel was full up due to the OU / Baylor football game, yet it was a great overnight stay. The desk clerk also recommended and gave superb directions to a nearby sports grill/bar--rated number one chicken fried steak in Waco. I will never stay anywhere else in the Waco area. Located clsoe to the Interstate, yet very quiet hotel. Wow!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Douglas G
sleep06, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

The Sleep Inn & Suites would like to thank you for leaving us a review on Tripadvisor. Our goal is for all our guests to leave with a smile on their face! We have a great staff at the Sleep Inn & Suites and it warms their hearts when they hear that we made a guests stay enjoyable. Again, thank you for your review and next time you are in the area we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here during Baylor Homecoming when hotels are hard to get. The room was fine, however we requested a non-smoking room and the room reeked of smoke. I told the hotel about it and they said the room was in fact a non-smoking room but someone must have smoked in the halls or in the room at some point. But by the way the room smelled, it must have been a smoking room at some point. I had to wash all my stuff when I got home because it all smelled so bad. The hotel was sold out, so they could not move us to a different room. They offered to Febreeze the room while we were at the football game. The pillows were also really small. My head barely fit on it. On a positive note, the location was very good. Even though we weren't in Waco, it is very close to Baylor. The breakfast was also pretty good as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
sleep06, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

The Sleep Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com. We were saddened to hear about the issues you encountered with your room during the Baylor Homecoming weekend. It appears that during your stay we did not have any other rooms available to move you to and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future. If you are ever in the Waco/Hewitt area please call me directly and I will get you the best rate available and guarantee your room has no smoke odor. We would like to thank you for leaving us a review on tripadvisor.com. Your feedback allows us to see how we are doing and also allows us to see areas that we can improve on.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I came to Texas to attend a church worship and music conference at Baylor University from my home in northwest Illinois. As I usually stay at Choice properties, I saw several advertised in the Waco area, but got the best price at this Sleep Inn. I had never stayed in this particular brand, and was a bit concerned as I was told it was a step down from the Comfort Suites I typically stay in, but I went with it! Mercy, am I glad I did! This was a very nice property. It was very clean and my king suite was very spacious. I was here for four nights and it worked out so well, only being about 9 minutes from Baylor U. The suite had a very large desk/work area, large flat screen TV and the bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable! The refrigerator/microwave/sink combo was nicer than a recent Embassy Suites I stayed at. The room was immaculate, and kept that way each morning when housekeeping came when I was away at the conference. The access to I-35 was very simple, with several fast food restaurants within a short walk. It was VERY hot (102+) the entire week and the A/C in the room worked great!! The front desk staff were all so very friendly. I talked with four of them throughout the week and they all went out of their way to make me feel welcome. Laquita is the manager and she is a delight. Her other staff that I met: Tracey, Fred & Jordan, always greeted me with a smiling face. The breakfast was very good--not the biggest selection I have had, but certainly adequate. There were eggs, sausage and waffles each day, and every other day there were also biscuits and gravy along with the typical cold selections. Although I did not use the pool or hot tub, it looked very clean and well picked up. I am already registered for the same conference next year at Baylor and will CERTAINLY stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room which was very convenient and never heard any noise from the floor above me...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
sleep06, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We chose this hotel as a stop on a long trip. We wanted to get outside the city traffic, and had easy access to I35. It was clean, comfortable, and the staff was very helpful. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
sleep06, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

The Sleep Inn & Suites would like to thank you for your kind words and positive review! Our goal is for all our guests to leave with a smile on there face! We have a great staff at the Sleep Inn & Suites and it warms there hearts when they hear that we made a guests stay enjoyable. Again, thank you for your review and next time you are in the area we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel was as advertised. The rooms were large and clean. It was quite despite the large number of kids staying there. The breakfast was good - not great but what you would expect. I do feel it was a little over priced, but it was the hotel picked by the team so we stayed there. it was our first experience with Sleep Inn. They did have a indoor pool that looked very nice. We did not swim in it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
sleep06, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for leaving the Sleep Inn & Suites a review on tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Sleep Inn & Suites is a 2013 Choice Gold award winning property. We offer FREE hot breakfast, indoor heated pool, and hot tub. All of our rooms come with a 32 inch Flat Screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, iron, ironing board, and coffee maker. Other amenities include business center, free high speed wireless internet, indoor corridors, and guest laundry facilities. Our goal for the hotel is to provide exceptional service and we are pleased that we were able to meet this goal during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Everything was fine until the last evening. I decided to do my laundry, and left the dryer for a few minutes, yes this was my mistake but when an important shirt was stolen, they offered little help in retrieving my shirt. I mentioned the theif still had clothes in the washer. You'd think they would have either called or gone room to room to find the owner of those clothes. They did take them and put a note on them but I expected more help. I mentioned it was a $25 shirt and no care at all. I worked at a Disney resort and we actually gave guest money to replace what they lost. What'd this hotel do? Nothing. So if you want your stuff stolen and no action taken stay here. I even worried about my car all night and didn't feel safe anymore.

• Stayed: June 2013
sleep06, Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey for Tripadvisor. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.
We did try to locate a person that fit the description you gave the front desk, but unfortunately we were not able to. The clothing items from the washing machine where never claimed, but if somebody tries to claim the items we will inquired about your item.
Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Again, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I hope that you will consider this an isolated incident.

The Sleep Inn & Suites Family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hewitt
Ramada Hewitt
5 mi away
Comfort Suites Waco
Comfort Suites Waco
#10 of 30 in Waco

Been to Sleep Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!