“Excellent Value and Exceeds Name”

Sleep Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hewitt
GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent Value and Exceeds Name”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just stayed there and was very pleasantly surprised. Seemed very new, and room was HUGE. Wifi was fast, and even had indoor pool and gym. Right off interstate, but is still south of Waco a few miles. Breakfast wasn't the best, but beat expectations everywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sleep06, Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on tripadvisor! I am pleased to hear you had a good stay. The hotel is a newer property, and we take great pride in maintaining the facilities. We do offer great amenities such as the pool, free Internet, business center, and guest laundry facilities on property. With us being so close to Waco it makes it very easy to enjoy all the activities in Waco while still being able to stay somewhere that makes you feel at home. If you are ever back in the area we would love to have you stay with us. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and if you every need anything please do not hesitate to call us!

The Sleep Inn & Suites Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
KC
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed here several time in the last couple of years - and was looking forward to staying here on this trip as well. That was - untill my customer had to change plans mid trip. The reservation was supposed to be cancelled 24 hours ahead - which is a little unusual with this chain - but when I had to juggle my schedule they allowed me to cancel same day without any fee. I will stay here again - just not this trip.
Moved down the road to Sulphur Springs to accomodate my new schedule and am staying in a hotel I wish I wasn't in!

1 Thank KcKansas
sleep06, Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
The Sleep Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on tripadvisor. We are very pleased that we were able to help you out with the cancellation dilemma. We strive to make all our guests experiences great even if you don’t get to stay the night with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel may be right by the interstate, but you will not hear the slightest sound; it is completely sound proofed. The hotel is very clean, and a nice breakfast too. An entire bus load of students stayed one night, and we never heard the slightest peep. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
The Sleep Inn & Suites located in Hewitt, Texas would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make all our guests experiences great and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Chattanooga, tn
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The staff were friendly, helpful, and made me fell welcome. The speed of the internet was good. The pool was clean with a good temperature as well as the hot tub. The best part of the hotel was that it was close enough to Waco and far enough away to avoid the congestion.

Macon, Missouri
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on two occasions in the past two months and have enjoyed our stays immensely. The staff there makes you feel right at home. I don't believe I have ever met a friendlier staff. Special kudos to Laquita and Fred for being the best at what they do!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sleep06, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. Our staff has a high standard of excellence that we strive to achieve and we are very pleased to hear that we have achieved that goal during your stays. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and if you need anything please do not hesitate to ask.

parker, co
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel is fairly new, just south of Waco. The room was clean and roomy enough, internet speed was pretty good but signal strength varied. Insulated well enough to be pretty quiet. I'm pretty sure the maids re-use non empty shampoo & conditioner bottles - the conditioner in my room upon check-in was about 75% empty - odd.
The breakfast had hot eggs & meat, along with usual pastries, raisin bran & cheerios. The coffee urn was not a high priority and was empty on 2 different days during my breakfast. Location is within 5 miles of a variety of restaurants, but none in the immediate vicinity. For the relatively low price it offers an excellent value overall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We do offer a great value filled product at a reasonable price.
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. I would like to start off by saying we do not re-use shampoo and conditioner in the guest rooms. We actually donate the used left over shampoo and conditioner to needy families in the Hewitt/Waco area. I have spoken to the housekeeping department about the shampoo and conditioner and I hope you will consider this an isolated incident. The housekeepers know how important it is to insure all our guests have a great stay from start to finish and they were saddened that they missed this item in your room.
I would also like to apologize that during your breakfast experience we ran out of coffee temporarily. We do our best to insure everything at breakfast stays filled and fresh and it appears on this particular occasion we did not maintain the coffee as we should have.
Again, I would like to thank you for leaving us a review on Tripadvisor. Your feedback allows us to see how we are doing and also allows us to see areas that we can improve on.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Fairly nice hotel for the price. Good breakfast choices. Clean. Location not very convenient for Waco activities. Television was located in a very odd spot between the bedroom area and the living area. It swiveled for viewing each way and wasn't convenient for either area, but I had to uncomfortably look to one side if viewing from the bed if I wanted to see it. I booked this hotel through Expedia at a reduced rate on their "unpublished rates" feature with the idea that I would be given a non-smoking room since I'd requested it in my preferences on my Expedia account profile. That request printed out on my confirmation also. When I arrived at the hotel, I was told we were in a smoking room. I was livid! I called Expedia, and they refused to do anything about it. I had to pay an extra $15 per day to get a non-smoking room, which totally defeated my purpose in using the unpublished rates to save money. If you don't smoke, then don't bother trying to book at a reduced rate on 3rd party websites that offer cheaper rooms but don't tell you which hotel you'll end up with. Never again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
sleep06, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
The Sleep Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com. We were very pleased that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast; however we were saddened to hear about the issues you had with your third party booking. Unfortunately, not all third party websites guarantee smoking preference. It appears that during your stay we did not have any non-smoking standard rooms available at the same price, but it does appear that we were able to give you a non-smoking king suite. When we change room types this will sometimes affect the rate and it appears this was the case during your stay. One positive thing about choicehotels.com is that you are able to get discounts off the full price of a room and you will be guaranteed your smoking preference. If you make your reservations with the hotel directly we also will guarantee a room to be smoking or non-smoking. We would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future. If you are ever in the Waco/Hewitt area please call us directly and we will get you the best rate available and guarantee your smoking preference. Again, we would like to thank you for leaving us a review on tripadvisor.com. Your feedback allows us to see how we are doing and also allows us to see areas that we can improve on.

The Sleep Inn & Suites Family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hewitt
Ramada Hewitt
Ramada Hewitt
#2 of 2 in Hewitt
Quality Inn & Suites Near University
Comfort Suites Waco North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waco South
Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco

Been to Sleep Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!