“no cold water”

Ramada Hewitt
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hewitt
“no cold water”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

The room was agood size. Warm in room. No cold water for showers, even on cold water setting. Pool was large and hot tub comfortable. Breakfast was very good, waffles in the shape of texas was very good.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank joann b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Italy, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Upon arrival, the front desk was confused and took several minutes to find a clean room even though we were 2 hour past check-in time. (uh-oh) The room was large, but very sparse. No real décor or attempt at design. Bed was okay, but pillows were flat. (Uh-oh)There was a fridge, microwave, and tea/coffee pot.
The air conditioner could not keep up with 100 degree heat. We slept with only a sheet and were still uncomfortable. (Uh-oh)The room would have greatly benefitted from a ceiling fan.
The indoor pool was okay, but desperately needed many cosmetic touch-ups. (Uh-oh)Even under $100, we wont be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barry W
HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Barry,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Waco area.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife and I planned a Saturday and Sunday night at this hotel. The hair dryer did not work, the safe did not work, the phone did not work, and the cleaning person did not work. When I informed the lady at the front desk about the hair dryer, I was told there was nothing she could do about that because the people who changed them out did not work on weekends. THERE WAS NO APOLOGY FROM HER, only excuses. We wanted to use the safe so my wife would not have to bring her purse while touring the area, but since it did not work she was forced to bring it along. When we returned around 6:30 Sunday from our outing, we discovered there was no coffee for the next day, as well as a few other things. I picked up the phone to call the front desk to inform them of this, but the phone DID NOT WORK! When I went down to the front desk to get coffee packets for the next morning, I informed the 2 young men behind the counter what I needed, letting them know that the coffee pot and mug were not cleaned, and the old coffee packet was still where I had placed it. One man then asked if I had put out the do not disturb sign so they would not come in. I the let him know that someone was actually there because they left the ICE BUCKET on the floor keeping the bathroom door open. He gave me my coffee, again, NO APOLOGY FROM EITHER OF THE 2 MEN.
So, no hair dryer, as advertised, no safe, as advertised, no coffee, as advertised, no phone, as advertised, and no cleaning, as advertised.
We will not use Ramada again.
John

Room Tip: I'm not sure, I can't pick very well myself.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Theresa S
HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Theresa,

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I cannot say how sorry I am for the perception we portrayed while you were with us. Our goal is to provide every guest with uncomplicated and friendly services. This was not the case during your stay with us.

I would much like to disucuss your experiences in greater detail. I have sent you a private email about this matter.

Again I want to apologize for the experiences you encountered in our hotel during your recent visit.

Warmest Regards,
Hieu Tran

Travelers are raving about these Hewitt hotels

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I don't know who inspected this hotel, but it certainly not Ada compliant. The handrails are too high, I'm six foot tall and cannot hang my arm to hold onto the handrails. Also, my room didn't come with a refrigerator as advertised and staying there for a extended period of time, I need a fridge. When I told the front desk, they shrugged and claimed they were booked up so I probably could not get one in my room. I will not be going back to this hotel. It's also kind of falling apart.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Masongates
HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your recent visit with us! I'm sorry that you had the overall experience as you wrote - as you can see from most of our other reviews, the specifics that you pointed out are simply not the norm, and it saddens me that you had such a visit. I would be happy to work with you personally on a return trip, so that you can have a more typical Ramada experience - one that leaves you with only fond memories. I sincerely hope to hear from you.

Kind Regards,
Hieu Tran
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hewitt
Sleep Inn and Suites
Sleep Inn and Suites
#1 of 2 in Hewitt
Quality Inn & Suites Near University
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
Comfort Suites Waco North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waco South
Candlewood Suites Waco

Been to Ramada Hewitt? Share your experiences!