“Clean, inexpensive hotel outside of Waco, TX”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Hewitt

Ramada Hewitt
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hewitt
Dallas, Texas
“Clean, inexpensive hotel outside of Waco, TX”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were visiting our student at Waco and found this fairly inexpensive hotel, just about 10 minutes from the Baylor campus, south on I-35. It got good reviews by other travelers, so we decided to give it a try.

The hotel room was clean and comfortable, and relative to other hotels near Waco, fairly inexpensive. We got a good night's sleep...and that's what is most important.

I think the owners/hotel chain consider this a 2.5* hotel. In my honest opinion, it's definitely NOT that. I would say more like a very nice 1* hotel, or an average 2* hotel. Whoever did the construction did lots of "short cuts." The bathroom fixtures were not installed correctly, so lots of gaps at corners, etc. There are no vanity lights above the bathroom sink (so it makes it harder to put on make up, or to shave in the mornings). They picked the most unusual tile floor for the room/bathroom. The sheets, although freshly laundered, had permanent stains. Again, just little things.

If you need a clean, inexpensive place to stay in the Waco area, this place will work. Nothing more. Nothing less.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelFan
HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time off and writing us a review. Your feedback is extremely important to us. We're glad that you had a wonderful night rest in our comfortable room. Our rates are very competitive for the room/amenities you're getting around town. We valued your opinions and we hope to see you again in the near future.

254 732 9823

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
DURANT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

There were several parts of our stay that wasn't as good as the previous year. First there were repairs/construction being done to the outside of the hotel which wasn't very appealing. Secondly, there was a water stain above the shower (I was on the first floor). Lastly and the most concerning is our checkout. Upon reserving the room directly with the hotel, they were informed we'd pay in cash in order to avoid the several days authorization on our debit card. However as usual I gave them a credit card number to hold the reservation as requested. When a part of our party checked in (by the general manager) another card was requested to hold, he was informed they were already given a card however he said he needed one to slide. The person checking in gave it to him but again informed him we were paying in cash. This was acknowledged. Upon check out 2 days later, we were informed the entire room charge had been charged to the card that was swiped. This could've been a huge ordeal given we had the funds to pay for the room in cash and not in the bank account it was charged to however luckily there were enough funds to cover it. I asked if they could issue us a discount because this could ultimately result in overdraft fees at the bank and the girl helping said she could not and apologized. I was very unhappy about this and also the fact they were not willing to accommodate a discount for their mistake (discount even as small as the rollaway bed for 2 nights which by the way was very hard and uncomfortable).

1 Thank Tiffany H
HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for writing us a review about your stay. Upon check in, our hotel policy the reservation holder must have a present credit card in person so that we can swipe it into our system. Any credit card numbers taken over the phone is to hold the reservation and won't be charged until the date of arrival where the guest present us the card. When we swipe the credit card, the system will put an authorization hold of the full amount of the stay. If the guest did not want any authorization hold, they would pay the full amount in cash before checking in. I do apologize if that wasn't explain to you. I do understand that the small repair outside our building isn't appealing and we are fixing it as fast as possible. Please contact me via TripAdvisor so that I can credit you a partial discounts of your stay. Please understand that my staff aren't authorize to make any changes in billing without my prior permission. We hope your next stay with us will be a pleasant one and we thank you for your repetitive business with us.

Mesquite, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

They threw away my retainers!

I was well prepared to rate this experience at 5 stars until I realized the housekeeping threw away my retainers for my teeth. When making my complaint to the front desk host, her response was "you shouldn't have left them out if you didn't want them thrown away" Really? The housekeepers are supposed to clean around my things, and at the least move them to the side. But throwing people's things away??
The hotel manager, Hugh, was kind about the situation, although being kind does not replace custom made mouthpieces that are going to cost an arm and a leg to replace. I have made my complaint with Ramada's corporate office and depending on their response, I may change this review.

It's a shame. Such a beautiful hotel, ran by such irresponsible and unsympathetic people.

1 Thank Deidra G
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time off and writing us about your concern. I do apologize if the retainer were missing from your room. Per our conversations, we went to the room and check it many times and asked all housekeeping staff if they have seen it. I understand it can be frustrating for you, but upon our inspection of the room multiple times, we could not find it. My housekeeping staff are trained not to throwing anything away unless its in the trash can. We thank you for your patience and we hope you can change your mind about us in the future.

254 732 9823

Travelers are raving about these Hewitt hotels

HUNTSVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Obviously a well managed property, the room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We felt that it was a good value. Breakfast was good with eggs, sausage and hot waffles in addition to the usual continental breakfast. We used the refrigerator to cool drinks for our visit to the park and the microwave for popcorn. The soap and shampoo smelled great. I really love the way the blankets are inside sheets and the remote for the tv was disinfected. It feels much cleaner that way.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Huntsville,

Thank you for taking the time off to write us a review. We are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to know that our hotel amenities was able to accomedate you for many reasons. We like to keep everything clean in our hotel, even down to the remote which is always disinfected. We thank you for the kind review and we hope to have your business again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The service there is great. Some friends I and had came to stay at the Ramada to see each other and have a little party.. The manager was nice enough to let us use the conference room to have our party.. Some other guest had also had a little party of their own so we went ahead and let them join us if it was okay to the manager.. He let us use the patio out back as well.. He also had let us do our little car meet there.. This Ramada is the best place to stay at, and I will always be coming back to this Ramada anytime I'm back in Texas..

Saki_DimSum

• Stayed October 2012
HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time off to write us a review. Our conference/meeting room is a great place to host small groups of people. It was exciting to see you and your group had fun at our hotel. We're glad that you enjoyed our other amenities. We thank you for your business and we hope to see you group again in the near future.

KELLER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel rooms were very large and very clean. Food wasn't so great in the breakfast area, but other than that it was a great stay. Would recommend and stay there again. It's such a short drive to Waco and the price was unbeatable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear JHackman,

Thank you for the kind review of our hotel. I'm excited to know you enjoyed the spacious and cleanliness of our hotel. Your concern about the breakfast area is duly noted. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

254 732 9823
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hewitt
Sleep Inn and Suites
Sleep Inn and Suites
#1 of 2 in Hewitt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waco South
Quality Inn & Suites Near University
Comfort Suites Waco North
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South

Been to Ramada Hewitt? Share your experiences!