“Awesome place, great staff!”
Review of Ramada Hewitt

Ramada Hewitt
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hewitt
Waco, Texas
“Awesome place, great staff!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and it was the best experience in a hotel I had in awhile. Our house was doing some renovation and we decided to stay here. Staff made us feel welcome and was attentive to our request. Hotel was very clean like everyone else said. Bed was very comfortable and breakfast with the eggs and sausage was superb. The swimming pool was nice and cool, our kids loved it. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: They have a promotion that if you stay more than 3 days, its a few percent off!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Claudia9999
, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear guest,

I am delighted that you and your family members have enjoyed your stay at Ramada Hewitt and choosing us among other accommodations. I will pass your positive comments to my staff. Thank you. Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

254 732 9823

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Waco, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days before moving into a new apartment. While they advertise "free Wi-Fi, and a sparkling pool", - neither are true. In the 10 days I stayed there, the internet worked for maybe 1 out of the 10 days. It was constantly having problems and when I called the front desk on numerous occasions regarding the network problems, no one had a clue on how to fix it or lend an eathernet cable. I was told to just come and work in the lobby...Second, the pool consistantly had dead bugs in it that we had to fish out with the net, and the spa was disgusingly dirty. After sitting in it for 10 minutes, dirty bubbles accumilated on my swimsuit and skin. When brushed off, left dirt marks.

Their breakfast is decent and the rooms are nice with large comfortable beds, but I would not stay here again. The staff is mostly unfriendly and seemed bothered when you asked them a question - such as filling the syrup bottle or getting an extra pillow.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather H
, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Heather,

To say that reading this review is disconcerting is an understatement. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the service (or lack thereof) you recently experienced at our hotel. A message has been sent to your TripAdvisor inbox. We look forward to speaking with you.

Best regards,
254 732 9823

Travelers are raving about these Hewitt hotels

Irvine, California
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice, each time for several days. It is clean and comfortable at a reasonable price, and is very convenient, right off I-35 only 5-10 minutes from Baylor and downtown Waco. The rooms are quite large, with comfortable beds, a microwave and a mini-fridge. A good complimentary breakfast is available every morning, including hot items like eggs and waffles.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BaylorMomInCA
, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear BaylorMomInCA,

Everyone here is so excited to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us! We would like to thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to share your experience here. To say it has been a place you stayed several times makes everyone here very proud and inspired to continue to work hard to give more guests the same feeling that you have. Again, thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

McKinney
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a quick overnight stay.

Location: The hotel has a great location. lt is located right off the main highway Interstate 35.

Staff: The gentleman who checked me in was very kind. He was training another employee and asked if I mind if the emplyee in training checked me in. I wasn't in a hurry and the whole process didn't take longer then 5 mins.

Price: The hotel was priced great for a three star hotel, and much cheaper than comparable hotels in Waco. I payed $75.00 for one night on a Thursday with a king size bed.

The Room: The room was clean, fresh linens, and I slep really well on a very confortable bed.

Other amenaties: The hotel had free wifi and free breakfest. The food was good for a three star hotel. Other reviewers have complained about the food, honestly, I think if you really want a gourmet breakfast go spend over $150.00 a night and stay at a four star hotel.

Overall, the hotel was great for the value. The room, staff, and amenaties were very good. This hotel is rated 2 and a half stars. I would rate this hotel as a three star hotel. Hope this helps

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Felipe T,

I am genuinely delighted to receive such positive feedback from guests. It is this type of appreciation that pushes all of us here at The Ramada Hewitt to go that extra mile and strive to exceed expectations. Thank you. Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Longview, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was a 4 star Hotel at a 2 star price very pleased. The rooms are huge the beds are very comfortable staff very friendly and helpful I actually was very surprised. I will definetly return again

Room Tip: Because of work I have stayed at the Hotel several times throughout the month of June and every nigh...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Daniel F,

Thank you for these glowing comments and I have to say that this is exactly what I would have hope to read each time a guest takes the time to leave a review. Your feedback will be made known to the team members which I am sure will motivate them further. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tyler
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The hotel was clean and reasonably priced. Great place to stay for Baylor University events! It is right off of I-35 and 7-8 minutes from campus.
The hotel lobby decor was odd -- four overstuffed white leather chairs and a tv, but the rooms were nice. It would help guests first impression with the hotel if the lobby was as nice as the hotel rooms.
Due to the hotel's location, cleanliness and price, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback! Our hotel is only a few miles away from Baylor campus and we constantly have Baylor parents coming to town and staying with us. Our value and cleanliness puts us above many of our competitors. I'm pleased to let you know that we are in the process of renovating our lobby to make it compliment the rest of our hotel decor. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again in the future!

Kind regards,
J
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here on Saturday night. Staff was great and the breakfast was excellent. The bed was harder than we like, but it's not their fault we sleep on an air mattress. I was very impressed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank for your feedback about our hotel. We proudly uses Simmons Beautyrest mattress at our hotel and from our reviews, you can see that our guests love them! I'm glad that you enjoyed our free hot breakfast and that my staff treated you with great hospitality. Thank you for business and we hope to see you again in the near future.

254 732 9823
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hewitt
Sleep Inn and Suites
Sleep Inn and Suites
#1 of 2 in Hewitt
Quality Inn & Suites Near University
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
Comfort Suites Waco North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waco South
Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites

Been to Ramada Hewitt? Share your experiences!