“Great Place to Stay for Baylor University Events!”
Review of Ramada Hewitt

Ramada Hewitt
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hewitt
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The hotel was clean and reasonably priced. Great place to stay for Baylor University events! It is right off of I-35 and 7-8 minutes from campus.
The hotel lobby decor was odd -- four overstuffed white leather chairs and a tv, but the rooms were nice. It would help guests first impression with the hotel if the lobby was as nice as the hotel rooms.
Due to the hotel's location, cleanliness and price, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback! Our hotel is only a few miles away from Baylor campus and we constantly have Baylor parents coming to town and staying with us. Our value and cleanliness puts us above many of our competitors. I'm pleased to let you know that we are in the process of renovating our lobby to make it compliment the rest of our hotel decor. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again in the future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here on Saturday night. Staff was great and the breakfast was excellent. The bed was harder than we like, but it's not their fault we sleep on an air mattress. I was very impressed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank for your feedback about our hotel. We proudly uses Simmons Beautyrest mattress at our hotel and from our reviews, you can see that our guests love them! I'm glad that you enjoyed our free hot breakfast and that my staff treated you with great hospitality. Thank you for business and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The guy with the prior lengthy review hit the nail in the head. We found it to be exactly as he said. Decor was a little weird but ok. Breakfast not worth the trip downstairs. Coffee was awful according to my husband. Our air conditioner was not working and we had to be moved to a different room. The maid turns the air off when she cleans so each day you come back to a hot room. Bed was comfy and that was the main thing for me. Our bathroom had ants crawling out of the Kleenex dispenser in the wall and down onto the bathroom counter. Other than that, it was new and clean. There is a fridge and microwave and a small couch in the room as well. Service was very good. They moved us immediately when we reported the air conditioner wasn't working. We got a great deal on Priceline ($50 a night) so really couldn't complain about the value at all.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Oklahoman57
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear guest,

First of all, thank for you taking your time off to write us a review. Our hotel decor have many mix reviews. Majority of the people likes it and the other have different opinions. Please know that our housekeeping staff are trained not to turn off A/C in guest rooms who are staying over. We all know how terrible the Texas heat can be! I apologize if there was any miscommunication between my staff that day regarding you room. Our hotel is maintain weekly by a very well known national pest control company. Please assured that when you reported the problem to us, we contacted them immediately. Our hotel provides a FREE HOT Breakfast every morning. According to other reviews, they are satisfied with it. Please feel free to contact me to give me suggestions that would make our breakfast better. Again, thank you for your honest feedback and please know that we take what you said into considerations to better improving our hotel.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

This has got to be one of the weirdest hotel stays that I have ever had....

Check-in - when we arrived we were greeted by an employee named Michelle. There was no one in line so we expected to be checked in rather quickly. Michelle spent almost 15 minutes trying to find us two rooms that were connected to each other. I'm not sure what she was doing on her computer but she just kept saying, "it will be one more minute." She was not a very good communicator and we just kept standing there wondering how long it was going to take for her to check us in. She should have called for help if she was having problems with her computer. She complained that she had just been chewed out by someone on the phone for the 2nd time in a week (very unprofessional of her to even mention that episode). Michelle was sitting in a chair behind the check-in desk the whole time that we were talking to her and then she only stood up at the very end of our encounter to hand us our key room cards. It was a weird check-in. I felt like we were at some really small motel in a very small town....not a professional Ramada hotel. Michelle needs some training on how to act professionally with her customers. In contrast the man who was working the night shift on 4/26-4/27 was great (he had glasses). I asked him for directions to a local store and he was very helpful and thorough.

Room - the room was a super weird mixture of decor. The carpet was a seafoam green. One of the accent walls was a burgundy color and the tile in the bathroom was a periwinkle and light yellow amoeba-looking design bordered by a weird Spanish tile. I swear they went to a local homestore and just picked out whatever was the cheapest thing on sale and then installed it in this hotel. There is no cohesive design to this hotel.

Lobby - another weird design choice. Super white lobby with an odd full-length crystal chandelier and bright orange barstools and strange irridescent glass flower sculptures. I think they are attempting to give the lobby a modern feel but it just doesn't work. The whole design of this hotel is strange. They really need to hire a designer to help them pull the "look" of the hotel together.

Breakfast - this is another weak spot. The tables are a red and black lacquer design. The breakfast area is small and consists of 4 tables that seat 6 people each. This is an odd choice given that most folks travel in pairs not groups of 6. Granted, some folks will be happy to have a large table but most folks just felt awkward having to share a table with another couple or two. I wouldn't call the breakfast substantial. They had a waffle machine but it made weird waffles and they didn't have real butter (only crock spread). They had some old apples for fruit and 3 different kinds of cereals (raisin bran, fruit loops and cheerios). They had a small container of what seemed like powdered eggs and then a small container of sausage. They had yogurt and some small muffins. They had an apple and orange juice machine but both were watered down. Just weird.

All in all, it was a fine deal for the room since we purchased it on priceline, however, I definitely wouldn't pay the regular rate for this hotel. The room was relatively clean so that was a bright spot. The hotel is also in a good location (right off the freeway). There is a dairy queen across the street so that was a plus. :) I also wanted to mention that I thought that the beds were pretty comfortable (which is always much appreciated).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank starbucksgirl69
HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Firstly, thanks for taking your time off to write us a review. I’m ashamed to know that one of my staff did not exceed your level of customer services. My staff are very well known to be very efficient at doing their job and I assure you that I will talk it over with them. I’m glad that you find our night auditor more enjoyable than the person who checked you in. Our hotel décor is done by a professional, our amenities are very modern compare to surrounding hotels. I’m sorry that it did not meet your taste in style. Our breakfast area is up to standard in size for our brand, and sits quite a few people. I apologize that it may seem too small for you.
It’s great to know that our guests had a wonderful rest on our beds and enjoyed the level of cleanliness. We hope you give us another chance in the future to better service your needs.

Kind Regard,

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel 3-4 different occassions for business. First couple times was impressed. Very clean, friendly staff and accommadating. This last stay was not good at all. My room was not clean from the first night.The room had not been vacuumed, microwave was dirty with food in it,and the bed did not have a fresh clean feel to it ?? I did make this known to staff the next morning. First night stay was on Monday, it took until Thurs. before the microwave was cleaned out, I don't beleive the floors were ever vacuumed.Also I had used a bank card to hold the room, then on Thurs. I payed for the room with a credit card.When I got ready to leave they said my credit card had been declined.So I let them charge my bank card.I called the credit card company as soon as I left to see what the problem was. Come to find out they had already charged it, which I tried to tell the clerk , but she insisted that the card had not been charged and it was declined. So I went back to the hotel to let them know they had charged me twice and they needed to cancel the payment to my bank card. Which they did, but it took until the end of the next week to free that money in my account back up. Prior to this stay, I was bragging to my coworkers, about this Hotel being so nice and such a good value.Disappointing experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank kdy_12
HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry about what you experienced. I'm embarass to know that my staff poorly handle your request for the housekeeping staff to service your room. My staff are very responsive to guest request, I will definitely look into this matter. The situation with your bank card was handled by me after you left the property, I apologize that there was some confusion prior your departure. Each bank processes credit card differently, some may take 4-5 business days to process the information. I'm glad that everything was cleared up for you. I hope you will give our hotel another chance. We feel confident that next time you stay with us, we will continue to give you the same experience you had 3-4 times prior. Please feel free to call me to discuss this further or to arrange another stay.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have stayed at the Ramada for business and with my family and every time it has been enjoyable and awesome. From check in to check out the customer service was exceptional. I love the Dallas Cowboy decorated room, and the breakfast is fresh and filling. the pool was always clean, and good temprature for swimming. I make sure my family and friends who come to town stay that the Ramada in Hewitt

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some times off your schedule to write us a review. We love hearing back from our guest. Thank you for the kind words. Our Dallas Cowboys theme rooms are a big hit here in Waco area. There are many Cowboys fans, therefore we knew we must have some included in our hotel! We're glad that you enjoyed our other amenities such as the swimming pool. Once again, thank you for your patronage and future recommendations.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 9, 2012

i work out of town all the time spend more time in hotel rooms then in my own home best place i have stayed at cannot bet price have spent lot more for a room no where near as nice wish that job was longer than a week hope to be back in area

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
HieuRamada, General Manager at Ramada Hewitt, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for taking your time off to write us a review. We're glad that your stay experience was a great one. Our hotel is a great choice for extended stays, either for vacation or work. We provide competitive rates for guest who are staying a lenghty period of time. Many thanks for your lovely comments about our hotel and service standards. My self and my team members are very happy. I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon at our hotel in Hewitt, Texas.

Kind Regards
254 732 9823

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hewitt
Sleep Inn and Suites
Sleep Inn and Suites
#1 of 2 in Hewitt
Comfort Suites Waco North
WoodSpring Suites Waco
Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Near University
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waco South

Been to Ramada Hewitt? Share your experiences!