“Dirty, smelly, awful”

Best Western Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hereford
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This was a terrible place to stay. The advertise one price on the big sign outside but when we stopped with a truck full of tired kids and went in to book two rooms, we were told that that was their daily rate if you stayed during the week. This was nowhere to be seen on their sign. Besides the town having a stench that stuck in your sinuses for days, this hotel was dirty, smelly, and not worth the money charged. We had stayed all across the country by this point and out of all the places we have been, this is one that we would not recommend to anyone. The water smelled and was gray and left a smelly film on everyone. We could not wait to get out of this place and this hotel so we could bathe after bathing here. It was awful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BWhereford, Manager at Best Western Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review as we encourage feedback from our guests which helps us in our every day goal of delivering superior customer service. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I would like find out more information about dirty water and would appreciate if you could contact me directly at the hotel or via message/e-mail. Our priorities are service, cleanliness, and guests' safety, among other things so we take these issues seriously. If these things did indeed occur at our property, we will take the proper steps to resolve these issues to make sure our future guests to not experience this.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was surprised at the quality of this hotel. In a smaller city but has much to offer and very friendly/ courteous staff. The room was a great size, with nice amenities. The outside looks fair but the inside is much better. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWhereford, Manager at Best Western Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We work hard to make your stay happy. Your business is very important to us. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We learned that one should never plan to stay in a town named after a cow. The smell struck us from over 20 miles away from the cattle processing plants all around Hereford, Texas. I’m not talking about farm cattle smells. I’ve spent a lot of time on farms and I like that smell. I’m talking about a water-your-eyes-and-keel-over odor. By the time it struck it was too late to close off outside air in our car. We got a late start from Carlsbad Caverns and had driven for hours across the most desolated country we’ve ever seen in the U.S. The local smell is, of course, not the fault of this hotel.

The Red Carpet Inn is an old motel, not a hotel, with outside doors. The bathroom fan rattled loudly. But the bed was Best Western comfortable and we slept well. Then we opened the door to go to breakfast and about fell over from the smell. There are no words to describe it. It is just awful.

For a complete report please visit frictionfactor.com/422

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cloudstepper

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you slept really good. As we all know this town is called " Beef Capital of the World" and we have several cattle processing plants in Hereford.

Once again Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel one or twice a year for the last 20 years. I have never been disappointed. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hotel is clean. I do like the older wing better, but I have only stayed in the new wing one time. New wing is more up to date but a little noisier than I have experienced in the older wing.

Room Tip: Request to stay in the older wing of the hotel. Newer wing is nice but a little noiser.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have made reservations and was not able to make them, however when I did finally did make it they were very understanding, patient, and friendly. They were very hospitable and helpful. Great staff and great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWhereford, General Manager at Best Western Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Thompson,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 806-364-0540.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I am currently writing this from the room I was allocated and I must say it is a disgrace. The carpet is patched, we have spent the last two hours killing flies in this room. The chairs are stained. The air conditioning is old. We would have moved out and requested a refund if it hadn't been so late and we were tired after a long drive. We were given a room right out the back 113.. The room also had a urine smell when we first walked in. It's very old and dated. They accept dogs (I don't have mine as she's back in Australia) but if they do maybe certain rooms be allocated and doggy occupants get them rooms. The bath towels are rough and scratchy. The only good thing going for it is the wifi is fast.

Room Tip: Perhaps another motel wold be good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbug1959
BWhereford, General Manager at Best Western Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. If you would give us one call at front desk we would come and give you another Room. Our goal is to make our guest happy.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with exceptional service.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Overall we had an average experience. A few complaints not enough towels for four guests, we ran out of toilet paper on our first night, and WIFI signal was very weak. One suggestion breakfast should be moved back to 10 to accommodate the non-early risers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to Best Western Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!