“Very impressed”

Best Western Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hereford
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel. Very spacious King room with all amentities needed including fridge and microwave. Comfortable bed, but a bit firm. Everything was in working order. Basic, but very good breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were here for almost a week, they put us in a room that was small. I asked for a bigger room. They were already reserved, so we stuck it out in the smaller room. The beds were very hard, and the rooms were very dark. Housekeeping didn't come around but 1 time. I don't think we will be back. If we have to come back, we will either get another hotel, but there's not much to pick from. Or we will reserve a bigger room.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annex are smaller.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank price2004
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Extraordinary service, very nice Staff, extremely clean, Great breakfast - Thank you for making our stay great!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2011

I recommend the BW Red Carpet Inn to anyone who likes traditional highway-side motels. I was given one of the groundfloor rooms in the original, main section of the motel complex. These rooms are especially convenient for travelers because they have two exterior doors (one opens to the parking area along the perimeter of the property, the other to the main courtyard). My room was very spacious, well-designed, quiet, and nicely maintained. The staff at both check-in and check-out were particularly efficient and courteous. The next time I need to stay in Hereford, I'll definitely choose this motel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank GOGraffer
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I was really worried after reading the previous reviews, mostly pretty old reviews, and not many nice things to say, AND just had a bad experience at another Best Western motel...I called the front desk beforehand and asked if all rooms had microwaves and fridges, they said no but if I did not have one in the room they would get them in for me. Yes this motel is dated, but it was very clean, the AC/heater is clean, the bed is comfy and pillows fluffy, and the front desk staff has been wonderful. Breakfast is limited, but I bring my own food. There is a McDonalds a quick walk away. The pool is closed. Only complaint is that random litter on the property does not seem to get picked up

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2008

This is an aging property in need of major renovation. There is a smell of feedlots, but to be fair, the whole town smells that way, not just this hotel. Thankfully, the smell didn't make it into the room. The smell was worst in the morning and the evening.

The rooms were large and clean, but just had a very dated look. I'd guess the place was first built in the early 60's from the looks of the non-functioning themostat on the wall (Wall A/C units are now used).

The parking out back looked like a walled compound in the hood. The room had two doors -- the front opened to the pool area and there were gaps around the door. When strong winds blew through, it made a loud whistling sound. The rear door opening to the back parking lot wouldn't deadbolt. All I could do was chain it, and barricade the door with my luggage, and hope for the best.

The breakfast had "hot items", like sausage, only you had to microwave it. Yuck. The outer fringes of the sausage patty were overly cooked and tough. The center of the sausage patty got cooked, but was rubbery. I'd recommend getting breakfast on your own elsewhere.

Avoid the nearby Chinese restaurant unless you like a dingy, fly-ridden atmosphere with ceiling tiles ready to fall down.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Gideon_Krasmanic
Reviewed May 13, 2007

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay--the staff was incredibly friendly and took great care of us! They even brought us home made cookies when we had a power outage which was beyond their control. The pool was beautiful, the rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was wonderful! What more could you ask?

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Been to Best Western Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!