“Best Kept Secret!”

Sal's Pizza Cafe
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Henderson
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We moved from Houston to Henderson after we retired a year ago. One of my neighbors suggested I might give Sal's a try. WOW! I'd put this place up against any Italian food restaurant in Houston or anywhere else for that matter. I don't know how they can make pasta taste so good.We always get a sliced sausage in a red sauce appertizer and dip some of the wonderful warm garlic bread they bring to the table right away (when no one is looking!) We always bring out of town visitors here when they come to stay the night and now I believe they're coming more to go to Sal's than to see us! They don't have a liquor license but you can bring your own wine and they will open and serve it for you with a smile. Prices are very reasonable and the service is outstanding!

1  Thank iamsleepy1

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Real Italian food in a small town. Owners and staff are super and take care of everything . Reasonable prices for such generous portions. Love it.!!!

1  Thank Glenna58
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We've missed Sal's on previous trips through Henderson, but never again. Good Italian food depends on fresh ingredients, and Sal's has that. The tomatoes and basil must come from the garden out back. The bass special may have come from the lake, which is also in back of the restaurant. The quality of the service matched the food and location. A fine experience, all around.

1  Thank Clay56
Reviewed June 27, 2013

You will fall in love with Sal, Hava, Dino, Giovanni, Benny, Kia... well... really... the whole family!!!
And the food is amazing!!! Benny makes the best alfredo sauce I have ever eaten. The chicken aristocrat (I order mine with the pink sauce), beef cannelloni alfredo, pizza and hamburger rolls are super yummy. Hahaha... now they will know who left this review... dead give away since we eat there so much & order our favorites again & again. We have taken several friends there too and they have all loved it.

1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I ordered Chicken Fetichini Alfredo, when I got it at the table... it was red... that was enough for me... if they dont know more about what they are cooking they shouldnt be cooking it.

1  Thank Sandra N