“"Most memorable experience"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Henderson
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“"Most memorable experience"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I booked the hotel over the phone and had exceptional customer service. When I called to let them know we wouldn't be in until late, I was reassured and then welcomed with a smile and a bottle of water when I arrived. The place was perfectly lit and the noise was to a minimum. We had the King room and it was gorgeous. Very Clean, huge bathroom, jacuzzi, microwave and fridge, everything we needed was there. The bed was so comfortable that my husband and I are now trying to buy one just like it.The price was very reasonable for the quality of the room. I met my biological sister and her son there for the first time. We swam in a clean and well maintained pool and pool area. The personnel were very aware of all that was going on the whole time. The breakfast was delicious every morning with a wide variety of food. The laundry facility was an added bonus to our trip. The staff, especially kitchen and housekeeping were very friendly and welcoming. It felt like home. We will be staying there for every visit to Texas:)
We stayed at a competitor on the way home in Mississippi and let me tell you...it didnt even compare.It was smaller, not updated and you had to pay for your breakfast the next day. I am a Holiday Inn Express fan!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the poolside are still quiet and sunny with great air conditioners
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sanjay1000, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Henderson-Traffic Star, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
We appreciate you taking time from your schedule to let us know about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Henderson. We are always happy to provide a consistantly clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guest to stay. It's always a pleasure to hear our staff go above and beyond to make our guest stay a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Henderson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Top notch operation! I was surprised by the accommodating and friendly staff. After walking up to the counter, the lady who greeted us said: "You look like you could use a snack!" and she produced a basket with various snacks and bottled water! Boy was she right! We were only there for a night, but the room was very clean and updated.

Room Tip: I had a special request for a room, and they immediately accommodated me! I don't know if they a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sanjay1000, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Henderson-Traffic Star, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Henderson and taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable place for our guest to stay and to provide exceptional customer service with all of our guest needs. We look forward to having you again when in this area.
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I traveled to Henderson, TX, to visit family who relocated to the area several years ago. I was nervous about going to East Texas for the first time in fifty years. I called this hotel to make my reservation, reassured by the considerate and kind hotel staff that this would be the perfect place for my family visit. Every staff member went out of their way to be sure that I would have the very best stay possible. This is a beautiful property, with a gracious entryway, granite countertops, lovely beds, very clean and well-maintained, but the staff make this hotel truly outstanding. They greeted me with bottled water and snacks, helped me with any special needs (even finding a lighted mirror to make applying my makeup easier--and putting water in my car's windshield wiper reservoir! They even helped me put an infant car seat in my rental car,) This is a truly non-smoking hotel, so there are no lingering odors of smoke anywhere to be found. My young grandchildren and their parents loved swimming in the pool, and sometimes joined me for breakfast--the ham and pancakes were a great favorite. My daughter and her husband felt comfortable and were always welcomed by the hotel staff when they stopped by to join me in the dining area for a cup of coffee. The location near Willow Lake, a sort of quiet lagoon, is lovely and restful, yet centrally located on a main highway near the center of Henderson. Thank you so much to the owner and staff for making my trip to Henderson much more enjoyable than I could have imagined.

Room Tip: My room overlooking the parking lot was quiet, with a nice view of the green belt and lake.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking time to let us know about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Henderson. We are always happy to and strive to provide a consistantly clean, comfortable, and courteous place for our guest to stay. It is always a pleasure to hear our staff go above and beyond to make our guest stay a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Henderson.
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this property this past weekend for memorial day. I have stayed at many different hotels throughout Henderson Texas because of family that resides there. I will never stay at another hotel because of my experience this past weekend! The hotel was beautiful and the bedroom was super clean and modern. I called the front desk to request more towels because my kids pretty much wasted all the clean towels. I had the front desk staff at my door within two minutes with a handful of fresh towels. Later that evening, while I was enjoying the pool with my wife and kids, one of the hotel staff brought my kids a plate of cookies and milk. It was personal touches like this that made me decided that this will be the only hotel I stay in when I'm in Henderson Texas.

Room Tip: The suite was huge and very comfy bed
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sanjay1000, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Henderson-Traffic Star, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed one night on a business travel through trip, and the hotel was nice, staff friendly and very helpful. The staff is what makes this place 5 stars. I took my right hand ring off for a shower, as I have lost diamonds from this ring before, and FORGOT it on the counter the next morning. After about 3 hours, I noticed it missing, and called the hotel, they went to the room, found it, and called me back, I returned to the hotel 3 hours in the wrong direction, and they had my ring, ready and waiting on me. Now, I am not the type of person to throw numbers around, but this ring, could have paid a salary for a year for an employee with NO problems from a pawn shop... Very impressed with the staff's honesty and professionalism. The physical location... well it is in the sticks, with limited food choices, but the beds are clean and comfortable and that is really what it boils down to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sanjay1000, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Henderson-Traffic Star, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Port Lavaca, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

First of all we have never been their. The location is beautiful over see a small lake with alot of pine trees. Very peaceful atmosphere! Verying accomdating,I ask for a good place to eat and they did send me to a very good place too eat. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. I gave them a 10 and will return again. Thank ya for welcoming us and making us feel like we were at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hotel is on a quiet property is very clean and fresh. Free breakfast. Very clean and comfortable bed. A/C worked very well. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Didnt get our "freebie" we usuallt get in other locations, but oh well. Best hotel in Henderson.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
sanjay1000, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Henderson-Traffic Star, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. We apologize that you did not get the freebie as you would normally. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable place for our guest to stay and to provide exceptional customer service with all of our guest needs. We hope you will give us another opportunity to make your next visit to Henderson an enjoyable and productive stay.