“Fishing”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hemphill B&B and Inns
Texarkana, Texas
“Fishing”
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

I'm done with this place.

First let me say what is good about this place
Clerk is always friendly
Wifi works
Bed is pretty comfortable
Good boat parking

Now the ugly
Trash in the lobby, rooms are some putrid shade of mustard color, furniture is at least 30 years old, shower sucks, room has an echo to it, there is no room cleaning so don't chunk your towel on the floor, and finally don't expect to watch a tv at night, there is one but you might get one channel on Dish Network. First night I got the discovery channel and 3 channels telling you how to set up your remote and DVR. Second day I got two channels and got caught up on Little House on the Prairie, Quincy, and Murder She Wrote. I never watched these shows when they were on and didn't care to watch them now. The third night I got 3 channels, all telling me how to set up the remote and the DVR. This used to be a decent place but has gone to pot. They won't get my money again.

Stayed May 2017, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

The room lights didn't work, bugs, no plug for microwave, toilet seat to small, no fire detector and light, exposed wires and cable didn't work. We asked for a refund after seeing the room and we was told no, so we then asked for a discount and the answer still no. We asked to be moved and they said the motel was full which was not true. Please do not go here!!! Look at the pictures.

Stayed April 2017, traveled with family
1 Thank VeryMadCustomer
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

I do not recommend this motel. There is only limited rooms with cable. There is no pool. No breakfast.
We were awakened off and on thru the night by horse play in the hallway which I found later to be the mangers son and nephew. There were 3 small children under 5 that cried and yelled thru out the night. The place claims to be under renovation with the top floor closed. But we could hear ppl up there all night
The room was affordable but still not worth the money if you wanted sleep.
I was on vacation to relax rest and fish.
Needless to say. None of the above happened that night.
We relocated the next morning.

Stayed November 2016, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 12, 2015

From the outside it looked a little like Motel Hell but the people that run this place are warm welcoming and friendly. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The downside: no coffee maker in the room, no phone, no internet, no CLOCK and no maid service. The place is under new management and they have a pretty steep learning curve. I hope they make it because they try so hard. It appears that a lot of the rooms are under "renovation" They do have an indoor pool. No breakfast and nowhere close to a good breakfast place.

Room Tip: Try for a lakeside room. The view is great
  • Stayed September 2015, traveled with family
1 Thank K-nine9
Texas
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family, and we had a great time! The hotel is right off the road and was easy to locate (even with us being very unfamiliar with the area). It overlooks the lake and provides an excellent opportunity for a nice morning walk while watching an almost magical sunrise. Not only is the property nice, but I found the hotel to be clean, safe and very comfortable. It would also be a perfect location to park an RV as they have space and many hook-ups. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
9 Thank jackson365
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemphill
Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection
Starlite Motel
Starlite Motel
#4 of 5 in Many
Harborlight Marina and Resort

Been to Sabine Lake Inn? Share your experiences!