“Good Food Anytime”

Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Helotes
San Antonio, Texas
“Good Food Anytime”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Their potatoe and egg taco's are huge and satisfying .Their homemade breads are the best. Breakfast with grits are worth the trip

Burnet, Texas
“Great breakfast offerings!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Been meaning to eat here after hearing lots about it. My husband had eaten there growing up and hadn't been in years, but his family goes all the time. We were in town to visit them a few weeks ago and decided to hit it up for breakfast. So glad we did! This is like a Denny's in appearance. It looks like it and smells like it, but is far better. They have a large waiting area since everyone loves eating there and it's always packed. The wait for us was about 25 minutes. Down to business: I got the french toast and bacon with a biscuit on the side - i had to try the biscuits! My french toast was described on the menu as Texas toast but it was not thick like Texas toast, so I was a little disappointed. It tasted great still. The biscuit was too brown on top but tasted great. I think my biscuit came from a bad batch because all the other biscuits people in the restaurant had were perfectly golden and yummy-looking. While mine was not pretty, it still tasted great and was fluffy. My husband had a bacon cheeseburger and aid it was delicious, even though it seemed a little thin. He said the fries were awesome. Everyone else had pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon and all were happy with their food. Do I think this place beats cracker barrel's breakfast? NO - but it is still a great place to visit and, apparently, one of those "musts" on a foodie's bucket list.

Visited April 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I like Jims food, its okay for a diner and everything..”
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I like Jims food

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good breakfast, okay lunch specials. Great Frontier burger, Canadian cheese soup and onion rings.”
Reviewed March 7, 2009

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Jim's Restaurant? Share your experiences!