“Don't ask if the tea is fresh.”
Review of Bobby J's

Bobby J's
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Helotes
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went for a burger near closing time... Ask if they were still serving. They responses "yes" and invited us in. My guest ask if the tea was fresh. He was immediately met with a nasty and aggressive response from the kitchen help. Should have left at that point. Ruined the experience. They began sweeping the floors before we had finished our meal. Another yuk.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

the place has been around a long time and has good hamburgers, the people and service is good. Great place to go before going to a show at Floores Store.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family eats at Bobby J's once a month. Fresh meat, homemade buns, great onion rings and fresh tea.
I have never had a complaint in them last 3 years of enjoying this humble burger joint.
Try it and you will be hooked. If you like Chris Madrids, you will love BJ's.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I don't normally eat a lot of junk food or fried food, but there are some days that just beckon the soul to digress. If so, then head to Bobby J's in Helotes and fill your face with some of the best fried food and hamburgers anywhere.

The onion rings are what drew me back here. Since our first visit a couple of months ago, they have stayed on my mind. They are perfectly fried, have a nice crisp outter batter and done so that the meaty onion ring inside is crunchy and cooked all the way through. The BLT is a perfect Texas-size BLT with a generous portion of bacon, a decent tomato and piled on a buttered thick piece of Texas toast. They are one of the few restaurants that butter the bread and grill it to a delicate crunch.

The ambiance isn't much. True Texas style hole-in-the-wall. But the service is friendly, the food is served hot and the prices are very reasonable for what you get. My Dad and I ate there for under $20.

I imagine I'll be back every few months for the rings and anticipate another great comfort food type of meal.

1  Thank TallyHoHoHo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

When you can do Bobby J's? Get a basket of tempura fried mushrooms or okra and skip the fries! The jalapeno/cheese burger was out of this world and perfectly cooked. I had a 1/3lb, as did my hubby and I left a 1/4 of it on the plate. It's obvious why they have so many articles taped to the windows!

Been to Bobby J's? Share your experiences!