“Good eats”

Ranked #12 of 49 Restaurants in Helotes
Cuisines: American
“Good eats”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. Every time we go its so good. The guacamole burger is my favorite. The kids had the chicken tenders and the coating is a little think butter we just take it off. Other than that its pretty good. Oh and they have coupons on their website but you must print them out.

San Antonio, TX
“Great burgers!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have eaten at all three Babe's locations. They are consistently good. The photos included with this review are from the Helotes (Bandera Road) location.

Burgers are juicy and delicious. I've never tried any of the other dishes because I like the burgers so much. My husband had the mushroom and swiss burger on our most recent visit. It was excellent. A companion tried the chicken strips once and they were huge! -- but seemed to have a little too much breading. I love the fries which are thick cut and well seasoned. Onion rings are very good too. On our most recent visit we ordered one basket of rings and one basket of fries. This was plenty for four people to share. Service is always very friendly and pretty fast. Burgers are cooked to order, though, so you'll have to wait at least a few minutes, maybe a little longer if they are really busy. You order at a counter and they call your name for you to pick up when it is ready. Once when they made a very minor mistake on our order, they gave us an overflowing basket of fries to make up for it.

There is ample outdoor seating at the Bandera Road location. (I can't remember about the other two locations.) It's alongside a busy road, but still is not a bad spot to have a beer and watch the world go by.

Overall, a consistent winner for casual, family-friendly food. They have several TV screens so you can watch the game. They have a "kids eat free" special one or more nights per week, but I can't remember which night. Call ahead to find out.

• Visited November 2012