“This family owned restaurant is a gem!”
Review of Toodie's Bar-B-Q

Toodie's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Hearne
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had the rib plate with green beans and it was great. The brisket was lean and good also. We had a large group (21) lunch there and they did a great job accommodating us.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was recently in Hearne visiting relatives and they took me to Toodie's for BBQ. Having eaten BBQ from all over Texas I was figuring that it was just another BBQ place and wouldn't be any thing special. Well to my delight I was very wrong. They had some of the best BBQ that I have had in a very long time. They have a very good selection of meats, side dishes and condiments for what ever you are craving and I like the fact that they keep a pot of warm BBQ sauce right next to the soda machine instead of just bottles of cold BBQ sauce on the tables. The restaurant is kept very clean and the staff are very friendly and will great you with a smile and hand shake and to top it off the prices are very reasonable. So if you are ever in Hearne and want great BBQ give Toodie's a try I do believe you will leave feeling very satisfied that you chose them.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Our group called ahead and Toodie's had everything ready with big smiles on everyone's face. They really are happy to cook for you. Everyone enjoyed their ribs, brisket, and sandwiches. A fellow traveler confided she was a potato salad 'snob' and after one taste of Toodie's, she was in heaven! I had the BBQ sandwich which had a ton of meat. The deserts were just ok; maybe they outsource them.

This place couldn't be cleaner; someone was always wiping down surfaces, tables, and counters. You can actually see the guy cooking the meat behind the restaurant. The BBQ has that great smoke taste, but you won't leave smelling all smoky because Tootie's has great ventilation.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great food, friendly staff, clean restaurant. BBQ sauce was sweet and tangy w/ just enough pepper. Delicious! My family of 6 was there on a budget so we just ordered 1.5lb of the chopped brisket and made sandwiches. Fed all of us for $15 and all 4 of my kids loved the food (that NEVER happens!!!) I just can't believe I forgot to take pics; I guess we were all to busy enjoying the finger-licking experience! Highly recommend! We have a new tradition when we're passing through heading to Tyler! We'll be back :)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Best BBQ in East Texas. Maybe all of Texas. I've had the beef, sausage & ribs and they are all great. Will try the chicken next time.