“Something not right”

Amigos y Familia Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Hearne
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Amigos y Familia is an excellent restaurant in Hearne, Texas; its telephone number is 979-279-9040. It's a good restaurant.
Houston, Texas
“Something not right”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were passing through on Sunday night, heading to Houston. We ordered two sirloin/enchilada combos, and the chips and salsa which preceded it were good The meat was sliced thin and seriously overcooked. The portions were large, with lots of cheese in/on the enchiladas, but something I ate sat really heavily in my stomach, causing me to have to pull over with a serious stomach issue shortly after I had resumed the drive. I can see the place might get some good reviews, but I couldn't give it that this time based on our experience

• Visited April 2013

Dallas
“Best TexMex Eaten in Quite a Long Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I eat TexMex once every week or two and, yes, TexMex restuarants are a dime a dozen in Texas. We are getting so sick of overpriced and overhyped eateries that it is SO refreshing to find authenticity. We were actually looking for a BBQ joint by browsing "near me now" on Trip Advisor when this place popped up. We are really glad we stopped. The lunch specials are a real bargin and real tasty. I had the crispy tacos and my hubby had the beef enchiladas. The salsa is mild yet very flavorful and the charro beans were loaded with onions, tomatoes, peppers, bacon and ground beef-unique and tasty. The ice tea (Tea Leaf) was strong yet left no aftertaste. We will stop in again on our next trip to or from College Station.

1 Thank JoInTexas
Sugar Land, Tx
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

After reading other Trip Advisor reviews we went to Amigos y Familia for lunch. Everything was amazing. Salsa did not look wonderful at first--but had a fresh and spicy flavor--it was addictive! We ordered migas and tacos--all were exceptional. The chorizo on the migas was perfect, and the fajita meet was tender and flavorful. Tortillas were fresh and wonderful. If only we lived closer....it would be a weekly visit. Don't miss it!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank happytravler56
Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,686 helpful votes
“Far Better than Expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

I arrived in Hearne, Texas, early for an appointment and decided to have breakfast. I stopped at Amigos y Familia Mexican Restaurant, located on Highway 6 (Market Street); this was the first time I had ever visited this restaurant. What this place lacks in atmosphere, it more than makes up in service and the quality of food. For many years I have said that the best migas plate in Texas was served at Hi-Ho Restaurant in Corpus Christi, Texas. That is no longer the case. The migas plate at Amigos y Familia was exceptional. For a great Mexican breakfast, stop at Amigos y Familia in Hearne!

• Visited May 2011
4 Thank CJTravelerTexas
Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,686 helpful votes
“Far Better than Expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

I arrived in Hearne, Texas, early for an appointment and decided to have breakfast. I stopped at Amigos y Familia Mexican Restaurant; this was the first time I had ever visited this restaurant. What this place lacks in atmosphere, it more than makes up in service and the quality of food. For many years I have said that the best migas plate in Texas was served at Hi-Ho Restaurant in Corpus Christi, Texas. That is no longer the case. The migas plate at Amigos y Familia was exceptional. For a great Mexican breakfast, stop at Amigos y Familia in Hearne!

• Visited May 2011