See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed in the Foremans lodge last year and had a great time so this year we got 5 other families and rented the main lodge. The rooms were cold and quiet (late July in the worst drought since 1980). The kids stayed in the bunkhouse below. We had the best time. Golf was free, the rooms were clean, everything we needed for 20 people was there except food. We may do this every 6 months!

Room Tip: Ask Lonnie about a group rate!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kirbykapp
Reviewed April 29, 2008

This is no exageration here folks, this place may be situated on a beatiful sprawling golf course, but they needed to stick to just that and not rooms for the night!! My loving husband booked us there for a Saturday Evening getaway for my birthday this past month. The golf course is very lovely, and was quite busy. We were told to go to the Pro Shop to pick up our keys for our cabin. When we walked in, no one even paid attention that we were standing there. A bunch of drunk cigar smoking golfers were in there laughing it up and we felt like we were walking into their private gathering. After standing their for some time a man comes out of a back room and finally asks us what he can do for us. After telling him we were here to stay in the "Windmill Cabin" he proceeds to pull out a dusty old key and tells us where we can find the cabin. We do find the cabin and it was situated under a tree next to two different golfing holes, so their was golfers crusing around the cabin in their golfcarts, NO privacy at all. When we put the key in the door we couldn't open it, becuase the wood around the frame of the door was rotted!!! My husband finally kicks in the door to find even more disaster. This room was pieced together with odds and ends from either dumpsters or the 70's. First of all it smelled like old must and mold in there. There was dust all over the entire cabin, EVEN ON THE BEDSPREAD!! So who knows when the last time someone ever stayed in there. The walls are covered in stips of odd fabrics that are tacked on with a staple gun!! The top of the room had dusty yellow lace curtains hung up with Deer Antlers! The whole cabin was so hidious we couldn't believe our eyes. I made the mistake of going to the bathroom where I found "3" dead cockroaches!!! The towels that were left for us to use were old, tatered, musty smelling and full of dust again!!! As I used one to dry my hands on after washing them, I found a HUGE hairball intwined in the towel!!! Meanwhile my husband checked out on the patio where there was SUPPOSE to be a jacuzzi. Oh no, there was an old jacuzzi that was half way full of rusted water, bugs, leaves, and some poor critter that had fallen in and drowned!!! And there were two chairs out there to sit on, BOTH OF THESE WOODEN CHAIRS WERE ROTTING!!! After this I had enough, becusae guess what folks these jerks wanted $170 dollars a night for this dump!! My husband drove us back to the pro-shop to let these folks know what kind of a dump they were trying to make us stay in!! The man at the pro shop EVEN ADMITTED TO US "that cabin is a little rundown, I can see why it wouldn't work out for you folks"!! Ummmmm, YOU THINK!!!! After much back and forth, these jerks still kept a 50% deposit from our credit card!! So we paid almost $90 dollars to find a dump in the middle of a gold course!!! PLEASE whatever you do DO NOT stay here!!!! You are better off driving the extra distance to Fredericksburg and staying at a clean, lovely B& B that will serve you a hot breakfast in the morning. Tell EVEYONE you know that the "Double B" is a "DOUBLE BUST"!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
16  Thank ajmtx2000