“Not bad at this price”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We used this hotel as a stopover on the way to South Padre. Check in was a breeze. The beds were comfortable, and there was a flat screen TV. It could use a little fixing up in a few places in the room we stayed in, but I was not expecting a Hyatt type of place. For the squeamish, I'll mention I did have to kill one small roach in the bathroom. Breakfast was marginal ... cereal, waffles, bagels, yogurt, and some fresh fruit. At $59 for my family, I could do it again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed August 12, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Coppell, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hotel was great about us traveling with our german shepherd. The hotel was clean and everything worked in the room. The employees were professional and helpful. The breakfast was included in the price of the room and was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed July 1, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel while attending my 20 year reunion with my wife and 8 month old baby. It is a pure dump. The toilet would not flush all the way. The sink was pretty much clogged like the bathtub and you couldn't get that much water out of the shower. The knobs were messed up. The AC unit was extremely loud and wouldn't remove moisture so it felt like we slept in a wet bed in a room that had just been through a summer shower. Although curfew in the pool was at 9 pm they let people stay out their until after midnight which kept us up. I asked the clerk upon arrival to put my rewards # in there and she said she couldn't. I asked why and she said because I booked through Priceline. I called the Laquinta customer service office to complain and the lady from Harlingen did call me back and acted like she was angry at me because I called and complained about how horrible it was. I talked to her and she really could've cared less and their was nothing she could do about it.

You might think that I'm a complainer because of this review but I'm really not. It takes a lot for me to complain.

Yes the hotel is cheap but it is cheap because the do not maintain the property. Save your 40$ to 75$ and go somewhere else. I dont care if they are charging $10 it is a waste of money. This is the worst hotel with the worst service I have ever had the misfortune of staying at and experiencing in my entire life.

Go somewhere else it's horrible.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Nathan D
Reviewed June 25, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great place to stay, it provides the necessities when needing a place to "just" sleep when on a short trip. Came to Harlingen to attended a UTB graduation. The is La Quinta is located in an excellent place to allow one to visit touristy locations within short distance.
The rates for the room were great. Rooms were very clean and provided amenities. The size of the bathroom might be problematic for someone that needs ample room...it is quite reduced in size, though I am of small stature, moving in an out of shower made me uneasy, worried about falling, or bumping self..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family