All reviewsbass pro shopfull kitchenfire pitfront deskgas grillliving spacefree beer and wineeasy access to the highwaywelcome giftsmall kitchenmedicine ballsbasketball courtgreat varietyhousekeeping stafftop floorlounge areaeggs
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I took a secret getaway here in our own city and boy was this place lovely! We will definitely be returning. The staff was wonderful and accommodating. Booking was pleasant. Thank you so much

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2017

My wife suffers from Asthma; therefore, we always ask for a feather-free and this request is in my Marriott profile. This hotel allows pets in any room, but that fact is not advertised on the Marriott website when you make a reservation. When we checked in, I asked the desk agent to verify that the room was feather free. He said that my request was definitely in the reservation and I pointed out that my wife had severe allergies. No mention was made that dogs had been in our room. For that matter dogs could have been in any room at this hotel, since they do not restrict pets to certain rooms and they have no way of knowing which rooms have been "dog or cat contaminated." We found out that our room had dogs in it, but only after my wife allergies set off her asthma. I've stayed at a lot of Marriotts (over 50 times in 2017) and have never had this problem. I feel an obligation to warn fellow travelers with allergies to avoid this hotel. It is not a well-managed property, since it would be easy to keep some rooms pet-free.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Mariopk
Diana G, General Manager at Residence Inn Harlingen, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2017

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our Residence Inn Marriott Harlingen. TX. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team, please contact hotel if you have any further questions

Reviewed November 9, 2017

I now routinely choose this Valley hotel for my stays twice a year. They get better each visit.
A good sign is that the same staff is in place each year. High turnover is a signal that things aren’t right.
The rooms are comfy, staff friendly, and breakfast good. A recent stay at a Res Inn in another state revealed that the Harlingen location works to bring you a better breakfast based on the limits of a hotel breakfast buffet.
The pool is small, but clean. The fitness the same.
Harlingen is a perfect jumping off place for those day visits to the widelife refuge, religious pilgrimage shrine, and of course that half hour drive to Padre. My stay at the Res. Inn in McAllen was a laugh in comparison. This hotel is a better choice.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed October 3, 2017

This is my 5th visit to this hotel within the past year. I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel and their staff. I have encountered the same front office agent 4/5 visits and he has always been very welcoming, polite, and trustworthy!!! I have been treated with gift bags upon every arrival as an appreciation of Marriott Rewards Member. Great morning breakfast! Rooms are modern, clean, and very spacious!!! Kudos to the entire staff at Residence Inn-Harlingen!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors are quieter!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Cantero24
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Pros: Spacious room (Studio, 1 king, sofa bed) with lots of storage and counters. Comfy bed. Large desk, plenty of electrical outlets. Large tv. Ironing board. Didn't use it but they have a fully stocked kitchen (glassware, plates, pots/pans, toaster, stovetop, no oven, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher.) Decent breakfast - they have salsa for the scrambled eggs, yay! A nice restaurant (Longhorn Steakhouse) is walkable. Plenty of other dining and shopping options close by, and a Cinemark cinema. They do hors d'oeuvres Mon - Wed with wine and beer.

Cons: Very poor water flow in shower due to water flow restrictor. The odor of the cleaner they use to mop the floor is overwhelming but eventually dissipates . No room safe. There was mold along grout line in my shower. No bath robes. "High Speed" internet, which is $4.95 per day is not all that great for streaming videos.

Conclusion: Minus 1 star for the low water pressure and the mold in the shower. Would I stay here again? Yes. Hey, it's Harlingen, don't expect the Ritz. There were 4 of us who came to Harlingen for a meeting, independently did our hotel review research, and all ended up staying here so that does say something this this hotel compared to the others.

Stayed: September 2017