“High points and low points”

Value Place Brownsville Harlingen
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
Reviewed September 30, 2012

First room I was assigned was nasty. I asked for re-assignment which was quickly granted. Staff seemed shocked that it was nasty. I stayed in the new room for 8 days.

5...Staff was very courteous and flexible. (Even though check-out is 11am, I rolled out at 6pm, and was not charged for another night! Thanks!)

4... Every appliance I used in the room worked. There is a shortage of wall-plugs.

3... Bed was average. I was so tired at the end of my days, I could've slept on the floor.

2... Strange musty smell that 1/2 can of Glade couldn't fix.

1... The room was HUMID. I had boxes that were taped to ship. By the next morning, the tape had came loose from the boxes.

Room Tip: Make sure it's clean. And make sure its not 2000% humidity.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank xagolds
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Brownsville Harlingen, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. The first room assignment was a front desk error and we apologized to the guest and quickly remedied the situation. Value Place is currently updating our guest rooms with new TVs, cabinets, beds, etc. so please give us another opportunity to serve you next time you need extended stay lodging.

Value Place Management

There are newer reviews for Value Place Brownsville Harlingen

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We were at the Value Place in Harlington, TX for three weeks .. chose this type of facility so that we could prepare some of our meals in the room which had a nice full size frig, stove top, microwave -- took an electric skillet instead of using stove top. The room was a little cramped and small but since we weren't there to stay in the room except to sleep, clean up and eat at least one meal a day we managed. The facility could use some updating as the tile floors in the kitchen/bath area were dingy and the carpet was stained. You had to go to the office each day during office hours to get clean linens and they were closed on Sundays. The laundry facility was awesome .. very clean and nice washers/dryers. There were some families obviously living there and the room above us had small children that must have been bouncing off the walls several nights and early mornings. Also, the exhaust fan in the bath didn't work and after shower the room was very damp. The facility was very secure and had nice parking lot for exercising. One main draw back is that the internet is ethernet and NOT wireless therefore you are restricted to sitting at the desk and only using one laptop. For the money, it was a bargain for around $30 a day but needs some updating .. the facilty was being inspected while we were there so hopefully by the time we return some of the above mentioned items will be resolved. Jessica at the front office was most helpful prior to our arrival in making phone reservation and she did try to accomodate us with our needs.

Room Tip: For extended stay at a value price ... this facility is a good value.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Lois B
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Everytime I entered my room I was enveloped by an odor that took about an hour to get used to anything other than the room itself requires an additional payment. I paid an additional 10 dollars for high speed internet (I've never had to pay an internet charge at any other hotel.) and the internet was in no way high speed. The internet will not even be fast enough to run a simple flash game. I have an i7 processor so it's not my laptop so if your job requires you to run any type of web based programs then I wouldn't count on this helping you. Even during their business hours the front office is mostly manned by only a telephone which will connect you to a reception that may or may no be on site. They charge a 100 dollar deposit that you won't get in full unless you return a form the day before you checkout. This place is total crap there's no restaurant or even a lobby, absolutely no ammenities whatsoever, besides the two towels and 1 bar of handsoap they give you. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank angrytoilet
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I have stayed at Value Place Hotels numerous times in various cities across the nation and have never had a bad experience. I have had outstanding interaction with staff and other residents and have never experienced uncleanliness, noise, lack of security or lack of attention to detail on the part of management. All appliances have always worked perfectly and they make an extended stay much less restrictive than at a motel which only sometimes furnishes a tiny fridge and small microwave.

The Harlingen, Texas Value Place was no exception and our stay found us welcomed and attended to by the friendly and courteous staff. We found this location to be on a par with all other Value Place properties we have utilized.

We will continue to utilize Value Place properties when our stays exceed more than a day or two. The cost of one week at Value Place is the equivalent of 2-3 days at another facility.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
7  Thank flic5180
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Brownsville Harlingen, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

We are so excited to hear that you've enjoyed all of Value Place experiences! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests.We appreciate you staying with us and wish you well in your future travels!

Reviewed August 4, 2010

Very bad it nasty need new management soon

1  Thank Ramos1
Reviewed June 27, 2010

room smells terrible, bad customer service, haven't refunded my damage deposit of $100 yet, its been 3 weeks now. told me it would take about 3 days.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank kbnguyen1977
Reviewed March 15, 2010

This hotel is not worth staying as the hotel management will nickle and dime you to death. Almost everything you do is charged to your account. Why Cheapticket has this hotel on their site is beyond me.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends