“Very good chinese food”

China Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 170 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The atmosphere and service were good. The food was done well. We had their version of General Tso's chicken that was pleasantly spicy but not too hot. Their spring rolls and egg rolls were crispy and tasty. My husband had schezuan pork that he pronounced quite good.

There are newer reviews for China Restaurant

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I thought we would try this place for dinner because of the fact it was not a buffet. We each ordered a dish and a soup and egg rolls. The soup was the usual cup size, good for a starter. The meals came out on big dishes, family style and we quickly realized that one plate would of been good enough for the two of us. Both dishes had good flavor and the vegetables weren't over cooked. The egg rolls were crispy and not soaked in oil. They have a big selection of dishes that start around $9.95 and go up for dinner. The price is reasonable since one plate could feed two people.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The buffet is ok but not great. We haven't ordered from the menu but we aren't given the choice either. They just tell us to go to the buffet. It's ok but doesn't seem to be clean or well kept any longer.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I travel the country and always try to find good Chinese buffets. I am successful most of the time. This buffet was below average.

What was good? The skewered shrimp were great; they hadn't been waiting for me and were hot and fresh. The spring rolls were delicious. The chicken soup was full of good, cooked cabbage. Grilled tilapia with mango salsa was tasty, but a little dry. The service.

What was not? The hot and sour soup was neither hot nor sour. It was bland. Limited variety of food. There was nothing prepared with sliced chicken, my preference. The spicy shrimp were soggy and slimy. You get 2 plates and have to request more. I find that strange. The fried rice had a weird consistency and tasted a bit strange. The sweet tea contains what tasted like arificial lemon juice. I don't like this at all and didn't appreciate the surprise.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

They have sushi which I just love. I like the selection. It is a buffet and I like this place better than any other in the area.