“Good solid Mexican restaurant”
Review of Los Asados

Los Asados
Ranked #26 of 172 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I went here on a trip to Harlingen on advice from local residents as to their favorite Mexican place in town. I was very busy when I pulled in, usually a good sign. The place was hopping inside, lots of families and groups of friends having dinner. The salsa with the chips was just OK, but the margarita was very good as was the enchiladas with sour cream sauce. Interesting everyone who works there wears a hair net, even teens with buzz cuts, it must be part of the uniform. Service was quick and courteous.
I went back 2 nights later and had the roast chicken entree. It was tasty, and would be a good alternative for someone looking for lighter fare.
I can't say it is the best in town, but at least 3-4 town residents think it is, and it certainly is better than average. Recommended.

Reviewed April 24, 2011

My wife and I went for lunch on thursday april 21st. there at los asados,after lunch there I went straight home, that evening we notice our car had a door dent ( a bad one) , I called los asados to speak to the manager to ask if they had vidio on the parking area the lady told me that they did so I explained what had happen to our car and I wanted to know if maybe they caught it on their vidio, but I was told that he (the manager) would return my call (still waiting). We took our car to get an estimate and it 's going to cost us $602.00 to fix it, I called many times to los asados to try to get them to simply check their vidio or to talk to Richard the manager but they just tell me that he is busy and that he will call me , till this day he has not, but it's your lost Mr.Manager we will never return there and NEVER recomend that place to noone, you all should try los NORTENIOS here in harlingen, the food and service is AWESOME and the prices slams los asados.

1  Thank shelbyGTHarlingen
Reviewed March 18, 2011

What used to be a great place to eat was a great disappointment today! The food was not that good & the service was poor! I wish things would go back the way they used to be...

Reviewed January 1, 2011

I was in the Valley Christmas week of 2010. I decided to visit Los Asados because of the rating from this website. I was not disappointed. The food is . . . well . . . . . the food is good, but it is more like your Aunt would make in her cocina. I ordered the spicy Fajitas, beef and chicken mixed. The fajitas were good, but nothing special. Still, the food is far better some Mexican restaurant chains I have eaten in.

Although the food was just average, the service was far above average. My waitress was very attentive, and I never had to wait for a drink to be re-filled. The food arrived quickly, so quickly that I barely had time to eat a few chips and salsa.

The atmosphere was family oriented. I felt like I was eating at home. The restaurant seems to be originally designed as a chain restaurant, but the owners have done an excellent job of redecorating. I would feel very comfortable bringing any of my family members here. The prices were reasonable.

All in all, I can recommend Los Asados. If you are looking for a typical home cooked Mexican meal you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

The food is ok...just ok....fryer food is extreemely greasy....not the best place in town.